Patriots/NFL Super Bowl LV - Tampa Bay vs Kansas City - 2/7 6:30 PM CBS, CTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Mock drafts are all over the place some have fields going as late as 8.

seen Pitts going as high as 5.

Mocks that have Pats taking defensive players

have already stated I want one of

Pitts/Waddle/Jones

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
So who plays QB for them after week 4 if they get Jimmy G? And Brissett is not the answer. Stop with these retreads and stop gaps. They need an actual answer.
Fitzpatrick sucks and I’d rather roll the dice with them than one of these kids. Those 2 are far from retreads and stop gaps. They are young enough that they don’t need to draft one early this year. Mac Jones put up great numbers without having to go into hostile environments with crowds going crazy. Trask too. I want someone who has been a starter for a few years that is tested. That’s why I liked Ridder from Cincinnati so much. He started day 1 as a freshman. If your drafting a QB at 15 just blow it up and start over which Bill won’t do. Since he won’t do that get the veteran you bring in the best weapons available.

Reactions: LSCII

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
How BB's talent evaluation at skill positions haven't been very good. You said it was just the draft but that he did fine with free agents, while I claimed it wasn't good either way, and that his most impactful WR/TE acquisitions were via trade (IE Randy Moss and Wes Welker). It was just a joke though because I looked through the free agent signings and it was a whole lot of trash (more of the Stallworth and Gabriel types). Best I saw was David Patten and Marty Bennett. Both were good players here but not anything to get excited about. Bennett was depth for Gronk but he wasn't overly productive and Patten was decent and had a few key plays but topped out at like 800 and change for the high point in yards for his best season here.

But again, I was just breaking your balls and having a laugh. It wasn't a serious ask.
Yeah, its not a strong suit but he's found some guys whether throigh FA, the draft or trade. Edelman and Welker he found. Meyers looks like another undrafted guy he may have found. Cooks, Lyod, Bennett.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yeah, its not a strong suit but he's found some guys whether throigh FA, the draft or trade. Edelman and Welker he found. Meyers looks like another undrafted guy he may have found. Cooks, Lyod, Bennett.

Meyers can't get separation consistently, so no. And Llyod came here because he was cheap since he had that DUI traffic stop/arrest and was cut. He played only one season, still didn't go over a 1000 yards, and was gone out of football for a year before trying to comeback and then flushing out entirely. Brandin Cooks was a trade and they turned around and traded him that offseason, but he did go over a thousand yards. Welker was again a trade. Edleman was a late draft pick flier. He turned out great, but lets not pretend he wasn't really a special teams player for the first 4 years of his career, and was even used on defense before finally breaking through as a regular offensive player.

But like I said it was a joke since you didn't offer up any free agent signings despite the claim that he'd done fine. So you got one. Brandon Llyod, which is on par with the David Patten one I gave you and the Marty Bennett one I also provided. So in his 20+ years, he's hit on 3 free agent WR/TEs and they were relatively marginal. Like I said, not good. Not at all.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Pretty sure Meyers does get pretty good separation, he just has no YAC skills to speak of. He actually does kinda remind me of Lloyd in a way. Like I know he had games this year getting 4 yards of separation on average when the league average is like 2.8- and that’s great because he gets open. He just doesn’t do much after he catches it- to me he’s a solid 2 or a great 3. PFF thought very highly of him this year

The issue is he is our #1 lol

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Texans GM Nick Caserio just said they have no intention of trading Deshaun Watson.

Get your popcorn ready

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Pretty sure Meyers does get pretty good separation, he just has no YAC skills to speak of. He actually does kinda remind me of Lloyd in a way. Like I know he had games this year getting 4 yards of separation on average when the league average is like 2.8- and that’s great because he gets open. He just doesn’t do much after he catches it- to me he’s a solid 2 or a great 3. PFF thought very highly of him this year

The issue is he is our #1 lol

He makes me think of Jabar Gaffney. Limited when asked to be a #1 or #2, but on a deep offense where he can be a #3 or #4 and draw dime backs on coverage, he'll move the chains and collect big numbers of catches.

Reactions: LSCII and CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
never seen somebody get themselves blown up like that before. Usually it’s a hospital pass but nope, not that

Rewatching it now and it was helmet to helmet womp womp

Not just getting his head knocked off by running around like a chicken, the series where he tried to f***ing hurdle the defender rather than just going for the damn pylon cost us 4 points.

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Cooks turned into Isaiah Wynn for us, so it could've ended worse.

The Saints picked their right tackle with the pick we gave up for him in the first place.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Damn and looking back at the Wentz Goff draft year only Patriot still on the team from that draft is Thuney

Mitchell has a short career

Karass and Roberts are on the Dolphins. As is LB Hill.

Cyrus Jones was the first pick ew

team needs a good 2021 draft

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Damn and looking back at the Wentz Goff draft year only Patriot still on the team from that draft is Thuney

Mitchell has a short career

Karass and Roberts are on the Dolphins. As is LB Hill.

Cyrus Jones was the first pick ew

team needs a good 2021 draft
That draft wasn't that bad for us tbqh. First of all, you have to include Jonathan Jones because was part of that UDFA class. And Roberts and Karras were great players for us, they just hit free agency at a bad time for the Pats.

I liked Mitchell, really great guy and a good receiver, but his knees were already shot by the time he was drafted. They got one good year out of him though and he earned a ring, so good for him. Brisset turned into Phillip Dorsett, who had a few productive years here.

Cyrus Jones was a flop, but it happens.

The big thing though is that's the year that we got completely and unreasonably screwed out of a first round pick because of the ideal gas law and Roger Goodell being a piece of shit. Guys who were available when our first round spot should've came up include Hunter Henry, Xavien Howard, Myles Jack, Chris Jones, Derrick Henry, and Michael Thomas.

But that year in particular turned out to be a weird draft. The QBs at the top of the draft didn't live up to the hype, and the second wave of QBs drafted (Paxton Lynch, Christian Hackenberg) were total busts, but then the Cowboys scoop up Dak in the 4th round. Tyreek Hill wound up going in the 5th. Weird year.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
That draft wasn't that bad for us tbqh. First of all, you have to include Jonathan Jones because was part of that UDFA class. And Roberts and Karras were great players for us, they just hit free agency at a bad time for the Pats.

I liked Mitchell, really great guy and a good receiver, but his knees were already shot by the time he was drafted. They got one good year out of him though and he earned a ring, so good for him. Brisset turned into Phillip Dorsett, who had a few productive years here.

Cyrus Jones was a flop, but it happens.

The big thing though is that's the year that we got completely and unreasonably screwed out of a first round pick because of the ideal gas law and Roger Goodell being a piece of shit. Guys who were available when our first round spot should've came up include Hunter Henry, Xavien Howard, Myles Jack, Chris Jones, Derrick Henry, and Michael Thomas.

But that year in particular turned out to be a weird draft. The QBs at the top of the draft didn't live up to the hype, and the second wave of QBs drafted (Paxton Lynch, Christian Hackenberg) were total busts, but then the Cowboys scoop up Dak in the 4th round. Tyreek Hill wound up going in the 5th. Weird year.

loved Mitchell. Wish it turned out different. No Mitchell no SB ring. He made some good catches.

Reactions: McGarnagle

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Cooks turned into Isaiah Wynn for us, so it could've ended worse.

The Saints picked their right tackle with the pick we gave up for him in the first place.

Wynn has been on the team for 3 seasons and played in only 18 out of 48 regular season games. He missed his entire rookie season and been on IR each of the following 2 seasons. He's not a great return for a number 1 WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad