OT: Super Bowl LI - Patriots v Falcons

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
Rigged? The bookies probably made a killing

Patriots had the spread and it was 3, the over under was also I believe 60 (62 points scored) so once again no one would have made much money. You win going against the oddsmakers.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
This just in Brady and the Patriots under investigation for using performance enhancers during the intermission.

The substance in question

tumblr_lm1fulIHiv1qzju31o1_400.png

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Patriots had the spread and it was 3, the over under was also I believe 60 (62 points scored) so once again no one would have made much money. You win going against the oddsmakers.

So wouldn't that mean the bookies made a killing because they didn't have to pay out as much?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That was the ultimate F U to Goodell for being such a jerk over deflategate.

Yep and it was glorious. He's a horrible commissioner for many other reasons also, worst in the 4 major sports by far.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
So wouldn't that mean the bookies made a killing because they didn't have to pay out as much?

Sports Select here in Edmonton had the line at 58.5. A buddy who is at the Wynn tonight said there line was 58.

Theoretically the lines should move so there are equal bets on each side of the line.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Yep and it was glorious. He's a horrible commissioner for many other reasons also, worst in the 4 major sports by far.

Oddly it's reasonable to call Bettman the best of the four commissioners. Silver hasn't been around too long, but mishandled the Donald Sterling fiasco badly. Manfred has also been on the job for a brief period of time.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I've been a Pats fan since 2000 and seen all but one game the last 14 years. Never thought it could get sweeter than the comeback two years ago. I'm gonna get to Week 1 in September somehow. :cheers:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
what an epic choke job by the Falcons...1st and 10 on the 22 and they proceed to go BACKWARDS out of FG range lol
then the Patriots romp down the field and tie the game

Brady proves he's the greatest ever and Belichek the greatest coach ever

wow, what a game

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Oddly it's reasonable to call Bettman the best of the four commissioners. Silver hasn't been around too long, but mishandled the Donald Sterling fiasco badly. Manfred has also been on the job for a brief period of time.

Agreed although the lockouts and insistence on doing everything to keep franchises alive in dead hockey markets will be stains on his legacy.

Silver and Manfred have their sports on the right track but too early to tell as you said. Goodell is a disaster on every level.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Moose, MacT, MacLean and the boys were out at Hudsons downtown hanging out. Pretty good atmosphere.

I'm still in shock, what a game.

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
Falcons play calling cost them the game. Why are they even throwing the ball when their already in FG range, knowing that a FG makes it a 2 possession game and pretty much seals it. Amateur hour at its best. People can praise Brady and the Pats all they want, but they had absolutely no business wining that game. Classic choke job by the dirty birds. And Matt Ryan is still horrible when the play breaks down, can't improvise worth squat.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Epic choke/comeback game. Didn't like the Pats 'till yesterday, now i hate them. :laugh:
5 rings, great accomplishment, Brady. :clap:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
That was a pretty incredible game, but after it was over I was still left thinking "Where my front runners at" :laugh:

If Brady doesn't walk away after this, he's an idiot, it's not going to get better then this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad