GDT: Suomi vs Slovakia- 11am PT/ 2pm ET/ 9pm EEST

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Finnish. Finns. It's disrespectful to spell with only one "n".

There was no lopsided refereeing. Your team just took a bunch of stupid penalties. The kneeing one was clear as day.
Why is a honest misspelling “disrespectful”?

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Congratulations to the Suomi Team on a well deserved win, avoiding a possible trap game
0C94FC71-04A3-4A70-80D9-7B1FE30A2566.gif

It was great having so many of you here in the GDT. Looking forward to watching my Canadians against your Boys, as it should be a good battle.

As I mentioned earlier, I hope the Slovakian Team has some Defenders coming up, as they are solid elsewhere.

Reactions: Zub and gritdash60

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Not saying the Fins arnt the better team. But when your up 8-3 with 7 pps including a 5 min major and have 4 pp goals in the game.

Not saying the penalties Rnt deserved but only 1 penalty for the Fins?

What I'm saying is the game isn't being called fairly obviously
Fins?
fishfins.jpg

Reactions: behemolari

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Great game and good win for Finland.
But don't get too excited Slovakia was weak as hell and wasn't real measurement stick.
Tomorrow is totally different game coming and the question is that are we ready to play vs Canada.
Canada is ready to play against us so lets see.

Defence first should be that game plan for Finland tomorrow.
And if we give too much time and space guys like McTavish,Bedard and Johnson will make us pay for our mistakes.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
As a Jets fan I sure hope so. Brad seems to have so much natural talent, but needs maturity in his decision making to realize his potential.
The thing is that so many of our players, and many other Europeans too, have so much experience of playing against grown men, not just juniors, so "junior mistakes" argument no longer flies as an excuse with our U-20 teams and their coaching staff. We play with our system, very much the same in all age groups, and expect players to play according to it.

Last edited:

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Did Helenius and Koivunen not play? Have they been so bad? Helenius is a player I want to see out there for the elimination games.

Helenius was a healthy scratch and Koivunen replaced Lambert on the 2nd period.

Unlikely that Helenius plays vs Canada since Mäenpää and Kapanen both had good games. Maybe Mäenpää moves to the wing and Karvinen is out but doubt it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Helenius was a healthy scratch and Koivunen replaced Lambert on the 2nd period.

Unlikely that Helenius plays vs Canada since Mäenpää and Kapanen both had good games. Maybe Mäenpää moves to the wing and Karvinen is out but doubt it.
I think due to his size it's very likely that he plays.

Reactions: Ippenator

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Ika Lehkonen considers Lambert's benching a "teachable moment". He should learn how to play to the team's strengths with his abilities from now on.
Call me a pessimist, but i think if he did learn, he would've already. Every game i have seen from him on every level, it has looked like he thinks he is alone on the ice versus 5 opponents.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Also, I love Juuso Mäenpää. Small "big" man.

Call me a pessimist, but i think if he did learn, he would've already. Every game i have seen from him on every level, it has looked like he thinks he is alone on the ice versus 5 opponents.
Yeah, that's exactly what concerns me with Lambert. Same mistakes over and over again. He just doesn't seem to learn.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It's been the same thing for some 3 seasons now but Lambert still has so much ability that I guess you need to stay positive.

I thought NA ice could suit Lambert's game better but his performance on NA ice in this tournament has been a complete dud so I wonder...

I'd like to see him in CHL and see if he can get something done there. It'd at least help with his confidence if nothing else.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I’ve really liked Strbak this tournament, and have to keep reminding myself that he is playing against guys 3 years older. Better than Cernak and Fehervary for sure
Do you read my mind? I was just remembering how terrible Cernak was comparing to Strbak. He makes some stupid mistakes, but still keeps trying to play and do things smart. If you compare it with Petrovicky or Stripai, his hockey IQ is like three levels above.

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Good thing Finland got all our best available goaltenders and we definitely didn't leave the best U20 goalie home.
How long you will continue that crying and whining of Finland's goaltending?
We aren't stupid, demented or brain-dead and WE ALL KNOW already Blomqvist is not in the team.
You have done that crying now what 3 games in a row? so you're repeating same agenda all goddamn time.
PLEASE STOP and do something else you sound like a broken record ( same tone whole goddamn time ).
Have a nice day and new week

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
WRONG THREAD

Correct me if I am wrong...

* If Latvia wins in regulation, Latvia finishes 3rd, Czechia 4th and Slovakia is out.

* If Latvia wins in OT, Czechia finishes 3rd, Latvia 4th and Slovakia is out.

* If Latvia loses in either regulation or OT, Latvia is out, Czechia finishes 3rd and Slovakia finishes 4th.

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Ok, we're cool then. :thumbu:

I think Ginger Papa needs to be stopped from posting gifs for a while... :help:
Yeah probably.
Seems that our poster colleague Ginger Papa has taken two or three beers too much.
But honestly that GIF was fun but it absolutely was wrong place.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad