News Article: Sunday notes

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It would be over reaction to dismiss Chiarelli after this year. That's what happens to dub par teams who never win consistently. It's very difficult to be good every year. Things don't pan out every year with players and injuries. I say keep him and let him get out of this jam. I do have a replacement in mind if not.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
he writer thought he meant Krejci and Bergeron-Cleary. he probably did, but he's wrong. the Bruins seem to really care about matchups. Krejci sees very sheltered minutes, lots of them though they may be. advanced statistics site show that Krejci plays against a particularly weak quality of competition and isn't very successful at maintaining zone possession even though he very often starts in the offensive zone. he's not a very good defender and he plays against third lines quite a lot for a "first liner." the Bruins real first line has Marchand on it. if other teams really are under the mistaken impression that Krejci plays a great two-way game against other teams' best players, then they should set up a trade to capitalize on that misunderstanding.

Never liked that extension he signed.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I added couple more links in op.
Interesting that the press seems to support giving the FO/coach another chance. For some reasons.
Why I find it interesting in usually in a situation like this the the FO is usually the injured widerbeast crossing the river while the press are the hungry crocodiles.

I know, IRONIC!:nod:

I liked Belanger and was puzzled by his handling here.

I thought that he was a very willing Bruin, but didn't he (and Thomlinson) have injury after injury? IIRC he had a broken wrist when he played a pre-season game for the B's and was in and out of the lineup?

I agree with Mick.

Chiarelli gets an F for this season, but there has been too much success on his watch to toss him after one bad year.

I feel like there should be some sort of repercussion for his lack of... iit feels like a lack of interest or worse, a lack of effort but obviously that's not it, it's just a lack of results. At the end do the day it's a results-driven business and he hasn't done ANYTHING to impact this team this season (other than make them weaker). That's the result of his efforts. Not good enough. Period. But how do you make the punishment fit the crime?

I have an idea: :wedgie:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I know, IRONIC!:nod:

I thought that he was a very willing Bruin, but didn't he (and Thomlinson) have injury after injury? IIRC he had a broken wrist when he played a pre-season game for the B's and was in and out of the lineup?

I have an idea: :wedgie:

I just remember him bringing tons of energy and decent play and being sent down,then coming back and being spotted.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I would like to know how they can fix this without any cap room.Yea it is fine to give them a chance but these writers mention March 2nd deadline like its all fixable one shot.What Chiarelli has here will take months to fix.Too many holes.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I would like to know how they can fix this without any cap room.Yea it is fine to give them a chance but these writers mention March 2nd deadline like its all fixable one shot.What Chiarelli has here will take months to fix.Too many holes.

They can add $5.5M in salary without moving anyone out. I don't know how that equates to having no cap room. They can also move salary out to make room for more.

That's before Miller's LTIR as well.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
They can add $5.5M in salary without moving anyone out. I don't know how that equates to having no cap room. They can also move salary out to make room for more.

That's before Miller's LTIR as well.

I think he means in the offseason (but I could be wrong)

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
I added couple more links in op.

Interesting that the press seems to support giving the FO/coach another chance. For some reasons.

Why I find it interesting in usually in a situation like this the the FO is usually the injured widerbeast crossing the river while the press are the hungry crocodiles.

I would rather keep the F/O and rebuild, then keep the players and fire Chia and Claude. I agree they've earned a chance to get there again. (But a rebuild IS necessary...the hell with this years playoffs).

Doug.

Mr. Make-Believe

I think he means in the offseason (but I could be wrong)

He did specifically mention the deadline in his post.

Regardless, it's not just him. It's something I've noted a lot of. This sentiment that we don't have any cap room is just excuse-making for Chiarelli and company. They have the room to make substantial upgrades if they WANT to.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
He did specifically mention the deadline in his post.

Regardless, it's not just him. It's something I've noted a lot of. This sentiment that we don't have any cap room is just excuse-making for Chiarelli and company. They have the room to make substantial upgrades if they WANT to.

Can't. Impossible to make trades. Never happen.

Mr. Make-Believe

Can't. Impossible to make trades. Never happen.

In a whiny 13 year spoiled little kid voice:

:cry: "Trading too haaarrrrd... Nobody wants to make a deals with meeee... You guys are sooo meeeeeaan. I'm doin' the best I caAan... Prices are sooo hiiigh... It's all everyone else's faults..." :cry:

- Peter Chiarelli
General Manager - Boston Bruins​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad