Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
1280x720-CapsLeafs.jpg

2023__0257_GM_51_Tavares-1000-324x235.jpg

tavarestwitter.jpg

Don’t sleep in, Leafs play a rare Sunday late afternoon game. 5 pm start - NHLN, TSN4, NBCSWA

Leafs, who had their usual Saturday game off, take on the 4-6-0 (last 10) Capitals at home.

The Toronto Maple Leafs have a record of 17-13-2 on Sundays since 2015-16

67-72-10-5 all time against the Caps (10 ties)

This day in history:

946 – Caliph al-Mustakfi is blinded and deposed by Mu'izz al-Dawla, ruler of the Buyid Empire. He is succeeded by al-Muti as caliph of the Abbasid Caliphate.[2]

January 29, 1996 - Fletcher traded Randy Wood and Benoit Hogue to Dallas for Dave Gagner and a sixth-round pick in 1996 (140-Dimitriy Yakushin). Then acquired Mike Pomichter from Chicago for cash.

January 29, 2023 - John Tavares plays his 1000th NHL game.

full

Useless random information:
Did you know that Leaf draft pick Ron Low, originally selected in the 1970 NHL Amateur Draft by the Toronto Maple Leafs, played one season with Toronto before he was left exposed in the 1974 NHL Expansion Draft where he was claimed by the Washington Capitals. He spent three seasons with the Capitals and was the first goalie to get a shutout for the team on February 16, 1975 against the Kansas City Scouts. Low, later in his career, would be traded to the Kansas City Scouts franchise in their third incarnation as New Jersey Devils (following the Colorado Rockies) where he would indeed post the first shutout in Devils history in their 2nd season, December 4th 1983 against the Detroit Red Wings. Low had played for the Wings in between the Caps and the Devils in 1977 sharing 1 of 2 shutouts that season with Jim Rutherford, who is apparently a big jerk now.

Brodie draws back in. Kerfoot elevated to 2nd line centre. I’ll say that again, Kerfoot elevated to 2nd line centre.

Anderson up on third line. McMann out, Simmonds back in. Over under on falling into his own teammates (3)

Samsonov looks to play 7th straight game. Expect a bounce back game against his old team.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They need at least two points in the two games before the break. Tampa is on break now and will have to play four more games than the Leafs, afterwards.

If they get four points, does a seven point cushion alter Tampa‘s outlook on the two seed?

Last edited:

APV

Sep 28, 2009
I have a pair of tickets (section 318) & I am unable to attend (sad I will miss JT's 1000th game!!).

They are for sale, $260 for the pair OBO. If anyone is interested, just shoot me a DM!

Will transfer the tickets electronically through Ticketmaster.

Last edited:

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Yes I like McMann love his tenacity.

Who's backing up Sammy
I assume Murray.
If the past holds true Keefe will play McMann 1 more game and then he will back to Marlies.
It was predictable.
The team plays the worst game if the year and the guy who is removed from the line up is the new guy who failed to kignite the team.🙄. He us then replaced but the guy who has not been able to even keep up.
Of course all the other dozen guys who failed to show up are given a pass.
You want to wake this team up...bench Kerfoot, bench Reilly, bench Bunting, or leave the whole team alone. Punishing the new guy is dumb coaching, especially to insert Simmons.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I have a pair of tickets (section 318) & I am unable to attend (sad I will miss JT's 1000th game!!).

They are for sale, $260 for the pair OBO. If anyone is interested, just shoot me a DM!

Will transfer the tickets electronically through Ticketmaster.
@bax may be interested. He was looking for my seats for today.

Reactions: bax

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Simmonds lol whyyyyyy.
Simmonds in instead of giving another game of experience to McMann....mindboggling. Someone, anyone, please tell me what Simmonds offers to the team at this point in his career. It sure isn't protection for his team mates based on what I've seen this season. It isn't speed, or being on the forecheck, or hitting. It surely isn't offensive contribution. I don't get it, honestly.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
The Leafs are so strange this year. Lose to teams like Arizona, Montreal , Ottawa. Beat teams like Boston , Winnipeg, Washington??

The Caps have a few vets back in the lineup but this is a winnable game. Need JT , Rielly and some of the role players to step it up. Marner and Nylander can't do everything.

Last edited:

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
is this because mcmann has played 8 games already and they don’t want to go past 9? Assuming he plays against Boston to see how he does if that’s the case.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Simmonds in instead of giving another game of experience to McMann....mindboggling. Someone, anyone, please tell me what Simmonds offers to the team at this point in his career. It sure isn't protection for his team mates based on what I've seen this season. It isn't speed, or being on the forecheck, or hitting. It surely isn't offensive contribution. I don't get it, honestly.
It’s probably more that he’s a popular teammate and his inclusion can hopefully give the team a bit of a spark. I doubt you’d find any players not happy he’s dressing.
I’d agree that there are better options so I’m betting it’s something along those lines.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Looking at that practice lineup, lets just hope Marner and Nylander stay healthy all year. Team would really slide down the standings to a messy place if one of them got hurt since depth is so bad.

Reactions: hamzarocks

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
A Sunday game at 5pm during the NFL playoffs should be illegal
If they had to schedule any games they should have been 12pm starts.
Even more shocking is that the Bruins are playing. Guaranteed if the Pats were playing today their game time would have been changed

Reactions: Jojalu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad