Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Sabres fans cut to the quick by ownership - The Boston Globe

From Dupes.
Lots of stuff but I really liked this :

Where is the Bruins’ Hall of Fame?

The Bruins are closing in on the 100th anniversary or their inaugural NHL season (1924-25). For a franchise with such a rich history, and one so keen on maximizing revenue streams, it remains a great mystery why it still does not have a Hall of Fame on its Causeway Street premises.

Many of the legendary characters, such as Eddie Shore and Lionel Hitchman, are long gone. But there are some great names still with us — including Harry Sinden, Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, and Gerry Cheevers, to name just four — and they’re all long overdue spots in the hometown hall. All four have been enshrined in Toronto.

The $100 million “Legendary Transformation” of the Garden is all but complete, and yet, no Bruins Hall of Fame. Makes zero sense on myriad levels, but especially in a city that reveres history and hockey. Must have been the same design committee that chose to refit the joint with thousands of seats too narrow and too uncomfortable actually to sit in and watch a game.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Sabres fans cut to the quick by ownership - The Boston Globe

From Dupes.
Lots of stuff but I really liked this :

Where is the Bruins’ Hall of Fame?

The Bruins are closing in on the 100th anniversary or their inaugural NHL season (1924-25). For a franchise with such a rich history, and one so keen on maximizing revenue streams, it remains a great mystery why it still does not have a Hall of Fame on its Causeway Street premises.

Many of the legendary characters, such as Eddie Shore and Lionel Hitchman, are long gone. But there are some great names still with us — including Harry Sinden, Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, and Gerry Cheevers, to name just four — and they’re all long overdue spots in the hometown hall. All four have been enshrined in Toronto.

The $100 million “Legendary Transformation” of the Garden is all but complete, and yet, no Bruins Hall of Fame. Makes zero sense on myriad levels, but especially in a city that reveres history and hockey. Must have been the same design committee that chose to refit the joint with thousands of seats too narrow and too uncomfortable actually to sit in and watch a game.

Wally, my wife told me that the Bruins signed someone this week to an entry level contract but she couldn't remember the name. Do you know who it was?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad