Summer training regimen paying off for Senators' Puempel

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
matt_puempel_ottawa_091314.jpg
Photo: Ottawa Senators prospect Matt Puempel is looking to build off of a solid AHL rookie season in which he scored 30 goals and 48 points for the Binghamton Senators (courtesy of Mark Spowart/Icon Sportswire)

The Ottawa Senators’ Matt Puempel has always been an offensive force on his team. And while he put 30 pucks in the net last year in the AHL, it took him awhile — and it took learning some lessons — to get there.

“I was trying to work through some adversity at the beginning of the year last year — I started on the third and fourth line, which was new to myself,†he said.… read more

The post Summer training regimen paying off for Senators’ Puempel appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Last edited by a moderator:

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Glad for Puempel and wish him well. I don't think he should get anything more than 9 games but he looks like a hard working kid and that's something extremely lacking on this team. But then again, we said the same thing about Greening...

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Does Peumpel fall under the 10 games and under? I thought when you are pro it doesn't matter so much.Anyways, I am pulling for him.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Puempel improved his game tremendously last year. Another year in the A will do him wonders.

Remember when he was below average skating or it was a weakness? The guy is flying now.

Real hyped about the kid. Could be recalled towards end of the season.

Karlsson2Turris*

Puempel is gonna score 40-50 if he returns to the AHL and plays with a better Pageau. I believe he will then be truly ready for the NHL. You never know though, maybe he makes it this year over Hoffman...

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Puempel improved his game tremendously last year. Another year in the A will do him wonders.

Remember when he was below average skating or it was a weakness? The guy is flying now.

Real hyped about the kid. Could be recalled towards end of the season.

Most likely will be the first recall if an injury occurs to one of our forwards.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Does Peumpel fall under the 10 games and under? I thought when you are pro it doesn't matter so much.Anyways, I am pulling for him.

No he doesn't, his ELC will be burned regardless of him playing in the NHL. The 9 game rule only applies to 18-19 year olds, and 20 year olds who are returned to junior.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Most likely will be the first recall if an injury occurs to one of our forwards.

Not really. I see everyone just moving up a peg.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Zibanejad-Chiasson
Smith-Legwand-Stone
Hoffman-Pageau-Condra
Greening/Neil

Just move one up to wherever injury occurs. Above roster doesn't even consider Lazar making the team.

I don't wanna disturb Puempel's progression in AHL, let him dominate it a la Toffoli and Nyqvist.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Not really. I see everyone just moving up a peg.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Zibanejad-Chiasson
Smith-Legwand-Stone
Hoffman-Pageau-Condra
Greening/Neil

Just move one up to wherever injury occurs. Above roster doesn't even consider Lazar making the team.

I don't wanna disturb Puempel's progression in AHL, let him dominate it a la Toffoli and Nyqvist.

Good line up, and one I think is likely, except Condra won't, and in my opinion shouldn't, play over Neil.

Condra and Greening, are NHL'ers, but they don't bring anything special, and to win games I'd rather have a guy who has less in one area, and more in a specific area/role.

We still need role players to win, what we don't need are all-around decent players. Condra and Greening are going to have to force themsleves to specialize if they want to be in the league long.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00