Proposal: Summer roster moves

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
With the season and the playoffs being dragged away from us, I figure we could look towards the the summer and what the new GM (god bless his soul) could/should do. Three players that have been rumored to be available should be targets for our group (in no particular order)

• Dougie Hamilton
  • Nikolaj Ehlers
  • Jonathan Huberdeau
*AGE and CONTRACT as of the 19-20 season*

Dougie Hamilton | 26 | 2 x $5.25m |

Right handed Dman, in the Klefbom-Larsson-Nurse age range would make that top-4 dominant. Carolina would be looking to add forwards. A potential trade could include:

Jesse Puljujarvi | 2020 1st round pick

Nikolaj Ehlers | 23 | 6 x $6m |

Lowetide has mentioned him as a target, due to WPG having to sign Laine and Kyle Connor to new contracts. I'm guessing they would try to offload Little, Perrault, and Kulikov before giving up Ehlers but you never know. The Jets would be looking to add Defense with Trouba hitting RFA and Myers heading to UFA. A potential trade could include:

Ethan Bear | Kailer Yamamoto | Cap dump (Kassian? Benning?)

Jonathan Huberdeau | 26 | 4 x $5.9m |

A new name on the board via TSN. The Panthers seem to be going all-in for Bobrovsky/Panarin, and are (supposedly) willing to trade this guy. They have $21 million in cap space. I would say at least $17 million of it, goes to those 2 players. A potential trade could include:

Tobias Rieder (RFA, won't be making $2 million again after this season) | Cap dump (Brandon Manning?)

Now, if all three of these guys were added, that's $17.25 million. If Rieder, Kassian, Benning, and Manning were removed, that's $8.1 million. An additional $9.15 million added. Of course, the new GM will most likely try to trade Sekera, Spooner, maybe even Russell without adding too much salary back. Those three account for $12.6 million.

I can see Russell to MTL for a guy like Xavier Ouellet.
May be Sekera to OTT for Marian Gaborik. The Sens need a vet to help out Ceci, Chabot, Lajoie. We can put Gaborik on LTIR as he's pretty much done.
I could also see Spooner going to OTT, may be bringing back MPS?

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
With the season and the playoffs being dragged away from us, I figure we could look towards the the summer and what the new GM (god bless his soul) could/should do. Three players that have been rumored to be available should be targets for our group (in no particular order)

• Dougie Hamilton
  • Nikolaj Ehlers
  • Jonathan Huberdeau
*AGE and CONTRACT as of the 19-20 season*

Dougie Hamilton | 26 | 2 x $5.25m |

Right handed Dman, in the Klefbom-Larsson-Nurse age range would make that top-4 dominant. Carolina would be looking to add forwards. A potential trade could include:

Jesse Puljujarvi | 2020 1st round pick

Nikolaj Ehlers | 23 | 6 x $6m |

Lowetide has mentioned him as a target, due to WPG having to sign Laine and Kyle Connor to new contracts. I'm guessing they would try to offload Little, Perrault, and Kulikov before giving up Ehlers but you never know. The Jets would be looking to add Defense with Trouba hitting RFA and Myers heading to UFA. A potential trade could include:

Ethan Bear | Kailer Yamamoto | Cap dump (Kassian? Benning?)

Jonathan Huberdeau | 26 | 4 x $5.9m |

A new name on the board via TSN. The Panthers seem to be going all-in for Bobrovsky/Panarin, and are (supposedly) willing to trade this guy. They have $21 million in cap space. I would say at least $17 million of it, goes to those 2 players. A potential trade could include:

Tobias Rieder (RFA, won't be making $2 million again after this season) | Cap dump (Brandon Manning?)

Now, if all three of these guys were added, that's $17.25 million. If Rieder, Kassian, Benning, and Manning were removed, that's $8.1 million. An additional $9.15 million added. Of course, the new GM will most likely try to trade Sekera, Spooner, maybe even Russell without adding too much salary back. Those three account for $12.6 million.

I can see Russell to MTL for a guy like Xavier Ouellet.
May be Sekera to OTT for Marian Gaborik. The Sens need a vet to help out Ceci, Chabot, Lajoie. We can put Gaborik on LTIR as he's pretty much done.
I could also see Spooner going to OTT, may be bringing back MPS?
Rieder and Manning for Huberdeau?

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
None of these are close.

Hamilton is finally being all he can be and no chance of being traded at all.

Ehlers for crap including a dump? Seriously? Unless they hire Chia thats not close.

Huberdeau will be traded before the deadline and not for crap.

And why a new thread?

Reactions: McDavid is a chump

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I like it!!! ;)

So would Oilernation but I bet FLORIDA might not. But you never know, they don't go to the games anyway. 9,000 paid attendance the other night. You would have to figure some would be season ticket holders who didn't show up so I'm willing to bet that there were @6000-7000 max. We get better crowds in Halifax for Moosehead games ffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad