Summer Prospect Polls 2016

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Anyone else feel Sproul is kinda being overlooked? He's in a tough spot in terms of actually making it onto the Wings roster, very much trade bait.. but he had a solid year in the AHL, with a very good playoff run. Seems to have improved his defense while finding some of that offense again. Imo really shouldn't be behind a guy like Hicketts who is a massive long shot to make the NHL.

Hicketts and Holmstrom can put up 1,000 points in their respective leagues, but until Holmstrom improves his skating, and Hicketts shows that he can hold his own against at least AHL competition at 5'6-5'7, I will be skeptical to vote for them.

Almqvist always put up points too, but I never liked him in the top 10 unless he gained weight, and he never did.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Hicketts and Holmstrom can put up 1,000 points in their respective leagues, but until Holmstrom improves his skating, and Hicketts shows that he can hold his own against at least AHL competition at 5'6-5'7, I will be skeptical to vote for them.

Almqvist always put up points too, but I never liked him in the top 10 unless he gained weight, and he never did.
Yeah Hicketts is a neat little story until he proves something against men. The good thing for him is that the NHL is changing to make it a bit easier as a smaller D if you're skilled and can skate, but when you have Sproul who is twice his size and also has a fair bit of skill and skating ability I just can't put Joe ahead. I mean I could see Sproul coming into camp and really fighting for a roster spot.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Not in order:

Mantha
AA
Svechnikov
Saarijärvi
Holmström
Bertuzzi
Cholowski
Sadowy (not on the list)
Russo
Sproul

Had to choose 2 of Russo/Sproul/Ouellet and not a big fan of XO. Sproul finished the year strong and he still has upside.

Have not seen Smith, Hronek or Sambrook enough to choose them.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Not in order:

Mantha
AA
Svechnikov
Saarijärvi
Holmström
Bertuzzi
Cholowski
Sadowy (not on the list)
Russo
Sproul

Had to choose 2 of Russo/Sproul/Ouellet and not a big fan of XO. Sproul finished the year strong and he still has upside.

Have not seen Smith, Hronek or Sambrook enough to choose them.

I would have the exact same list but swapping out Holmstrom for Ehn. If we are excluding those that need to pass waivers I would swap Hronek for Sproul.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Sadowy needs to be in the top-10 for sure.

Yeah major oversight when making the poll. Might make that call when I do start the Top 10. I mean he won't be #1 and my guess is he would win the first add by a landslide so it probably isn't that big of a deal.

Love that all of a sudden we have Bertuzzi, Sadowy and Smith in the system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad