OT: Summer is waning. Time to Fall into the abyss of posts with poor grammar and insipid vocabulary.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
We went past spring and into Hades-level simmering summer a few weeks back. Today was somewhat refreshing since we had some turbulent weather move through and cool things off. I can still hear distant thunder even now.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Wholesome Giraffe Content:
FB_IMG_1654559940488.jpg

Reactions: adsfan

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

For all the uproar over the U18WWC getting cancelled due to COVID, it is weird how little I am seeing people talk about the games now that they are happening.

It's like people would rather complain about a lack of support than actually support the women's game...

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Interesting to find Florida criteria for an unemployment claim is 18-months worth of payroll with minimums for a year. Interesting shift.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
So after catching a really nasty case of Covid in January, and still feeling effects of it up until a short while ago, I go back to work tomorrow. While it’s not gonna be physically strenuous, as I’m installing insulation on a new house build, it will be the first time I’m attempting to work for 8 hours in a long time. That’s like 6X the amount of physical activity I’ve been able to do in 5 months. We’ll see how I’m feeling by the evening tomorrow.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So after catching a really nasty case of Covid in January, and still feeling effects of it up until a short while ago, I go back to work tomorrow. While it’s not gonna be physically strenuous, as I’m installing insulation on a new house build, it will be the first time I’m attempting to work for 8 hours in a long time. That’s like 6X the amount of physical activity I’ve been able to do in 5 months. We’ll see how I’m feeling by the evening tomorrow.
Good luck. I picked up a bluetooth heart rate monitor since I'm trying to get some mileage in and tested it out today with a walk. Funny part was after coming back from said walk, going through a song and dance on my smartphone regarding updating some apps.

I have spent the last 2 hours manually deleting and reinstalling various applications, complete with having to sign back on to them, to get the updates to run since a particular provider has collapsed my ID and my ex's ID on this device... that I bought after I was divorced. Somewhere the image of my old phone must've cached data about our accounts and now it's won't update anything unless I use her password. The last f***ing thing I want or need is any reminder of that person so... here we are.

Also, the bluetooth monitor is telling me this has agitated me to a serious degree. :biglaugh:

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Good luck. I picked up a bluetooth heart rate monitor since I'm trying to get some mileage in and tested it out today with a walk. Funny part was after coming back from said walk, going through a song and dance on my smartphone regarding updating some apps.

I have spent the last 2 hours manually deleting and reinstalling various applications, complete with having to sign back on to them, to get the updates to run since a particular provider has collapsed my ID and my ex's ID on this device... that I bought after I was divorced. Somewhere the image of my old phone must've cached data about our accounts and now it's won't update anything unless I use her password. The last f***ing thing I want or need is any reminder of that person so... here we are.

Also, the bluetooth monitor is telling me this has agitated me to a serious degree. :biglaugh:

Pretend this is a like because I still don’t have that back, even though 2/3 my prior restrictions are done (which makes me question what the other one was).

My phone updated a couple of weeks ago and wants me to sign back into everything. Only I don’t remember the passwords. It really defeats the purpose of “remember this because I’m a dumbass”. Even my Apple account wants me to sign in again so I can use my phone and I have no idea what my password is.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My phone is so old I stopped updating the OS three or so years ago because I think I would only be able to run 2-3 apps. OS updates for me are the equivalent of asking if I want a new blanket and more kindling to send smoke signals.

I have owned two and had a third that was work issued in what seems like the dawn of time. Mine is over three years old and the one prior to that was about the six when I shifted to a different device. I have never understood the fetishization of having the newest/latest/greatest when what I have is functional and continues to work.

Part of today's issue was that the image/backup that we used to upload various things to this device was from when my ex and I had a shared plan and shared accounts. It would default to accounts and account info that are not things I have had or used since we split up.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
My phone came out close to 5 years ago.

I forget when I bought mine, exactly.

I do know that I will keep it until it becomes unusable simply because it is an iPhone 8 plus and I love the home button.

My wife and son have newer iPhones without the home button. I know I would learn to live without it. But, I don't want to.

:laugh:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Went for a very very much needed camping trip that was supposed to last 4 days. Got a day and a half in before the rain had other ideas. Got back from a hike to find my rain flap had come off in the wind while gone camping. Everything piece of clothing....sleeping bag...pillows....a couple good novels lol....all soaked clear through. Spent the night in the backseat of my truck since it was dusk....now to figure out how to salvage all my shit lol

Reactions: cybresabre

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I have owned two and had a third that was work issued in what seems like the dawn of time. Mine is over three years old and the one prior to that was about the six when I shifted to a different device. I have never understood the fetishization of having the newest/latest/greatest when what I have is functional and continues to work.

Part of today's issue was that the image/backup that we used to upload various things to this device was from when my ex and I had a shared plan and shared accounts. It would default to accounts and account info that are not things I have had or used since we split up.

My phone came out close to 5 years ago.

I forget when I bought mine, exactly.

I do know that I will keep it until it becomes unusable simply because it is an iPhone 8 plus and I love the home button.

My wife and son have newer iPhones without the home button. I know I would learn to live without it. But, I don't want to.

:laugh:
Pretty sure mine is a 16GB iPhone SE ca. 2016 running iOS 12.1.2 The date on the certificate trust is October 2018, but I think that's when we switched carriers and the phone is older than that.

I like it because of the form factor - small enough in width/length/thickness for my pants/shorts pocket, can be securely used one-handed, and has a separate 3mm ear-jack in addition to the separate power port. I ain't giving up no home button, either.

Old man rant:
Daughter and older son default to texting instead of calling. If it goes beyond a couple back and forths I typically text: "Call me" or "use your phone as a phone". At times they are flabbergasted I don't have the phone on me at all times (not permitted on the factory floor, and when I'm home in the garage / yard, I don't want to be tethered to it, nor risk losing / damaging it). So I put it on the kitchen counter, or my home desk, or a side table, exactly where people had land-line phones for years, and you answered if it was convenient for you to do so.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Interesting to find Florida criteria for an unemployment claim is 18-months worth of payroll with minimums for a year. Interesting shift.

I'm REALLY not going to miss this state

Gotta love it when it comes out your state government made essential services frustratingly bad to use so less people would consume them.

I've lived in some shitty areas (Dayton, OH, Wilkes Barre, PA, heck I grew up in Hornell/Horseheads NY) and I never saw a local/state government just have contempt for people attempting to use its services until I moved to Florida. The state government motto should be 'f*** off'

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm REALLY not going to miss this state

Gotta love it when it comes out your state government made essential services frustratingly bad to use so less people would consume them.

I've lived in some shitty areas (Dayton, OH, Wilkes Barre, PA, heck I grew up in Hornell/Horseheads NY) and I never saw a local/state government just have contempt for people attempting to use its services until I moved to Florida. The state government motto should be 'f*** off'

Yep, it's deliberately difficult to dissuade people from using it. They have payroll requirements for four our of 6 quarters in the last 18 months. I don't qualify since I was looking for nearly 18 months.

I too can't wait to get out of this state. I have fears that the GF's family is going to want to keep her near and that she's going to want to stay near... but man, I am so done with it. And I have been for years.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
You guys live there. I never have, so I won't question your criticism.

But supposedly 1,100 people per day move to Florida. We might be among them in the not too distant future; looking at the Naples area. Will they/we be disappointed?

Curious where you plan to move and why.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You guys live there. I never have, so I won't question your criticism.

But supposedly 1,100 people per day move to Florida.
Why?
FB_IMG_1654730679882.jpg

Cute lovable manatees 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙

It's the only state they live in year round because unlike most sea mammals they don't have blubber (their closest land relative is the elephant) and will essentially freeze to death in cold water.

Reactions: brian_griffin

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Why?
View attachment 557278
Cute lovable manatees 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙

It's the only state they live in year round because unlike most sea mammals they don't have blubber (their closest land relative is the elephant) and will essentially freeze to death in cold water.
many starving to death this year due to, I believe, their undersea graases being gone.

• Wow
Reactions: sabremike

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
So my first day was hard. I was in an attic all day that was at least 40 degrees. I sweat so much that my shirt and pants were dripping sweat.

Unfortunately I also get sick when I get too warm, so I had to get out of the attic 3 times to go throw up. By 4:30 I was just done physically, as that was the most physical activity I’ve done in months since I caught long Covid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad