News Article: Summer Guide to St. Louis Blues Prospects + Draft Targets & FREE Draft Guide (THW)

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Some Blues prospect/draft news at THW:

Prospects:
Summer Guide to St. Louis Blues Prospects

Potential Draft Targets:
St. Louis Blues Draft Targets Part I: Josh Ho-Sang

Historically speaking:
All Time Top 5 St. Louis Blues NHL Drafts

The official THW draft HQ page is live as well:

2014 NHL Draft Guide: The Next Ones

Much to be added (we constantly updated as new material published), but a great starting point for your draft needs.

- featuring profiles (>75 thus far), rankings, mocks, unique perspectives & much more

____

Last edited:

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Historically speaking:

Being a Hockey historian, this article has the Schwartz, Tarasenko 2010 draft ranked ahead of the 1976 Draft? :laugh: Please. As much as I like Tarasenko and Schwartz on the current Blues there's no way right now rank them ahead of the 1976 Blues draft that landed the Franchise first "True Blue" Hockey Hall of Famer Bernie Federko drafted, developed, and played with the exception of his last season in Detroit his entire career wearing the Blue note. Blues also drafted Brain Sutter, and stud Goalie Mike Liut in that draft, still the best draft in team history. And this article also mentions that both Federko AND Brian Sutter are in the Hall of Fame, Sutter isn't in the HHOF, Number 11 is in the BLUES Hall of Fame only.

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
Historically speaking:

Being a Hockey historian, this article has the Schwartz, Tarasenko 2010 draft ranked ahead of the 1976 Draft? :laugh: Please. As much as I like Tarasenko and Schwartz on the current Blues there's no way right now rank them ahead of the 1976 Blues draft that landed the Franchise first "True Blue" Hockey Hall of Famer Bernie Federko drafted, developed, and played with the exception of his last season in Detroit his entire career wearing the Blue note. Blues also drafted Brain Sutter, and stud Goalie Mike Liut in that draft, still the best draft in team history. And this article also mentions that both Federko AND Brian Sutter are in the Hall of Fame, Sutter isn't in the HHOF, Number 11 is in the BLUES Hall of Fame only.

I think the reason why this happened is how laughable it would be to see the class of '76 try and hang in today's NHL. That might be unfair since people can't control when they're born, but this isn't about fairness, it's about accuracy and reality.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I think the reason why this happened is how laughable it would be to see the class of '76 try and hang in today's NHL. That might be unfair since people can't control when they're born, but this isn't about fairness, it's about accuracy and reality.

I think all three of those players would more than hold their own in today's NHL. The Blues do not have a player on their current roster with the heart of Brian Sutter. Not one and very few have ever matched it that I have seen. Imagine Sobotka with alot more grit and some actual consistent scoring skills. Bernie would be our #1 center now as well as the #1 center no matter what all time team you put together. Bernie put up 40-50 assists with average line mates. Luit was an all star goalie. No two ways about it. Mike Eaves and Anders Hakansson were also part of that draft and were not a bad role players either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad