OT: Summer Guessing Game

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
That's a really interesting point about Pavelec though.

Kudos on this whole topic, honestly, because that is by far the most interesting way to introduce a salient point I've seen in a long time.

Even if you don't have as intriguing stats to compare, I'd be interested in more of these guessing games, if only because it's the off-season and I'm starved for Jets-related-anything.

But anyways - so not only are Pavs stats subpar for an NHL starter, but he never even hit the NHL potential threshold in the AHL to begin with? :amazed:

I try so hard to stay positive with regards to him, but that contract is just looking worse and worse every year. What do you think would be the best strategy for us going forward? I just feel like goaltending is one of our weaker areas and thus solving it could give us the largest boost.

Really, I'm just curious what people think the Jets should do about the situation. Should we stick with Pavs or if not, what should we do? I don't think anyone's expecting Montoya to develop into a 1B goalie any more than he'll grow wings, and we didn't get Khudobin (the only young UFA with starting potential I was aware of this particular off-season) What do you think?

I dunno, it's just interesting to me that aside from that one outlier season, he's actually never met expectations. I like the guy, and that really surprised me.

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Hank are all 3 Jet players at one point?

That's a really interesting point about Pavelec though.

Kudos on this whole topic, honestly, because that is by far the most interesting way to introduce a salient point I've seen in a long time.

Even if you don't have as intriguing stats to compare, I'd be interested in more of these guessing games, if only because it's the off-season and I'm starved for Jets-related-anything.

But anyways - so not only are Pavs stats subpar for an NHL starter, but he never even hit the NHL potential threshold in the AHL to begin with? :amazed:

I try so hard to stay positive with regards to him, but that contract is just looking worse and worse every year. What do you think would be the best strategy for us going forward? I just feel like goaltending is one of our weaker areas and thus solving it could give us the largest boost going forward.

Should we stick with Pavs or if not, what should we do? I don't think anyone's expecting Montoya to develop into a 1B goalie any more than he'll grow wings, and we didn't get Khudobin (the only young UFA with starting potential I was aware of this particular off-season)

I dunno, it's just interesting to me that aside from that one outlier season, he's actually never met expectations. I like the guy, and that really surprised me.

Short term: trying to find a 1B is the best answer for solving Pavelec
Long term: keep drafting and developing well. we have some promise in the folds right now, just have to keep it up.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
1) Nick Petan's points per game last year and his jersey number at development camp?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
New Round

Points per 60 min and team's scoring chance percentage when on ice

Player A and Player B

A: 1.62 and 49.9%
B: 1.47 and 47.6%

Player C and Player D

A: 1.20 and 52.5%
B: 1.00 and 53.6%

No cheating and looking it up. They are all current or former Jets.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Points per 60 min and team's scoring chance percentage when on ice

Player A and Player B

A: 1.62 and 49.9%
B: 1.47 and 47.6%

Player C and Player D

A: 1.20 and 52.5%
B: 1.00 and 53.6%

No cheating and looking it up. They are all current or former Jets.

I know! I know! ... But I won't say. :p:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes