Summer 2018 Prospect Poll: #15

Who is the Sabres' #15 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
All prospects who fit the HF prospect criteria are included.

ELIGIBILITY
-In his Age-24 season with fewer than 65 NHL games for a skater (or 45 games for a goalie).

-If signed out of Europe or the NCAA at age 22 or older, fewer than 65 (skaters) or 45 (goalies) games within three years of signing.

-Linus Ullmark is 25 and has less than 45 games, he won't be included.

-The following players' eligibility is based on the 22 and over rule: Casey Nelson (expires 03/22/19), C.J. Smith (03/30/20), Lawrence Pilut (03/15/21), Andrew Oglevie (04/11/21), Victor Olofsson (04/24/21), Brandon Hickey (07/01/21)

-Danny O'Regan will age out after this season.

-If I have made any mistakes with the list, let me know.

RULES
Each poll runs 24 hours and is public. Vote for your choice and nominate a prospect from the list below to replace that player on the subsequent poll.

If there is a tie in the Top 10, there will be a run-off and the losing prospect will be returned to the pool for the next vote. Outside the Top 10, the tie will hold, the two highest Adds will be added and we'll move on.

PROSPECT RANKINGS
In the past, we've also done skater-only and goalie-only threads, as well as aggregate-type of rankings. If someone is interested, they are welcome to inherit that responsibility.

Summer 2018, Top 20
1. Rasmus Dahlin, D (--) : by acclimation
2. Casey Mittelstadt, C (-1) : 10 of 11 votes (90.9%). Runner up, Tage Thompson (1 vote)
3. Brendan Guhle, D (-1) : 23 of 34 votes (67.6%). Runner up, Alexander Nylander (4 votes)
4. Alexander Nylander, LW (-1) : 61 of 147 votes (41.5%). Runner up, Rasmus Asplund (37 votes)
5. Rasmus Asplund, C (-1) : 72 of 138 votes (52.2%). Runner up, Tage Thompson (15 votes)
6. Tage Thompson, C (--) : 18 of 59 votes (30.5%). Runner up, Victor Olofsson (17 votes)
7. Victor Olofsson, RW (--) : 27 of 57 votes (47.4%). Runner up, Lawrence Pilut (16 votes)
8. Lawrence Pilut, D (--) : 32 of 64 votes (50.0%). Runner up, Mattias Samuelsson (11 votes)
9. Mattias Samuelsson, D (--) : 24 of 65 votes (36.9%). Runner up, Marcus Davidsson (20 votes)
10. Marcus Davidsson, C (-1) : 34 of 72 votes (47.2%). Runner up, Will Borgen (13 votes)
11. Will Borgen, D (-3) : 18 of 51 votes (35.3%). Runner ups, O. Laaksonen, U. Luukkonen, C. Smith (8 votes each)
12. Oskari Laaksonen, D (--) : 19 of 67 votes (28.4%). Runner up, Ukka-Pekka Luukkonen (18 votes)
13. Ukka-Pekka Luukkonen, G (+1) : 26 of 59 votes (44.1%). Runner up, C.J. Smith (16 votes)
14. C.J. Smith, LW (-2) : 24 of 48 votes (50.0%). Runner up, Matej Pekar (9 votes)

Players Eligible to be Added
G: Jonas Johansson

D: Linus Lindstrand Cronholm, Ivan Chukarov, William Worge Kreu, Miska Kukkonen, Brycen Martin, Philip Nyberg, Devante Stephens

F: Christopher Brown, Eric Cornel, Vasili Glotov, Connor Hurley, Vaclav Karabacek, Brett Murray, Linus Weissbach, Maxwell Willman

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Pekar. I am not voting for Bailey or Baptiste because I dont think either will make it as a full time NHLer and also because they are not long for this franchise. Both would have to clear waivers. Both are 23. If they dont make the team full time both will be on waivers and may very well be picked up but likely not.

Reactions: Mitts888

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Pekar. I am not voting for Bailey or Baptiste because I dont think either will make it as a full time NHLer and also because they are not long for this franchise. Both would have to clear waivers. Both are 23. If they dont make the team full time both will be on waivers and may very well be picked up but likely not.

For me, it’s as simple as Pekar has 2nd line pestering scorer potential, whereas B and B are more 3rd line speed guys a’la Holzinger.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I like Baptiste as a prospect still, but I agree that it's pointless to vote for either of them at this point. It's super likely neither are in the team's plans beyond this year.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I like Baptiste as a prospect still, but I agree that it's pointless to vote for either of them at this point. It's super likely neither are in the team's plans beyond this year.
Why is it pointless when Baptiste is going to be an NHL contributor this season?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
It's nice that we're this deep in the poll with a few guys that could legitimately be depth contributers

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
It's nice that we're this deep in the poll with a few guys that chills legitimately be depth contributers

Refreshing isnt it? The days of the Griffiths and Nolans of the world playing for us are done. Samuelsson for all intents and purposes is a late 1st round caliber prospect. He was the 32nd pick virtually a late 1st. And he barely cracked our top 10. That is a very good sign. This team is on it's way to something special.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
It's nice that we're this deep in the poll with a few guys that chills legitimately be depth contributers

Hell, usually by this point we're voting to add guys like "I know they've got no shot and might not even be worth a contract, but meh, there's no one else." We're voting for guys (Glotov) solely because they were fun to watch at dev camp and we're just rooting for them to be good.

But this year? We've still got a guy to add in Weissbach who may still be a longshot to make the NHL but whose development last year was quite promising for a 7th rounder. We've got a slew of new defensemen from this year's draft who we don't really know much about but there certainly might be something there as we start to follow them more intently this year. And these are guys who might not even be in the top 25!

Reactions: jc17

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
We're at 15. All 10 guys in the poll have legit shots at the NHL. From the remaining to vote in:
Jonas Johansson, Linus Lindstrand Cronholm, Ivan Chukarov, William Worge Kreu, Miska Kukkonen, Philip Nyberg, Eric Cornel, Linus Weissbach, Maxwell Willman

are guys I could see having some kind of NHL career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad