Speculation: Summer 2018 off season roster discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
Nash, Kovalchuk, Thornton all unite on a team 6 years too late and it’ll turn out to be what pushes us over the hump. :laugh:

Definitely feel a big move coming at the draft. A lot of the younger guys played well enough last year to move their stock up quite a bit, I’m very interested to see who gets moved out by DW to bring in a new toy.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

I’m not sure if this is any more of a rumor than somebody on HF suggesting the same thing given the connection between JT/Nash and DW’s historically reported interest in Nash. The only difference is it comes on Twitter from a guy with a blue check mark next to his name and a Stanley Cup in his profile pic.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I’m not sure if this is any more of a rumor than somebody on HF suggesting the same thing given the connection between JT/Nash and DW’s historically reported interest in Nash. The only difference is it comes on Twitter from a guy with a blue check mark next to his name and a Stanley Cup in his profile pic.
Yes, this is just clickbait/follower fishing speculation because they played together 14 years ago. Unless Rick Nash finds a time machine, no, no interest.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Someone on here once had an amazing line about Wilson.

DW: "We will be looking to add talent through free agency, trades, and the draft"
HF poster: "I mean what are his other options, drive by Home Depot and see who jumps in?"
The dudes at Home Depot would be better at hockey than anybody DW would target in the draft, through trade, or in free agency.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Home Depot vs. Adam Burish
Oh Adam Burish, those were the days. When DW signed and traded for players of poor character and avoided drafting players of poor character. Oh wait, we're still in those days. We need the diversity of underpaid Home Depot labor.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
FWIW I remember Nash making glowing comments about San Jose and its fans when he was still with Lumbus. It was odd to see a player from another team say how much he would enjoy playing here on the day we played in Columbus. At the time though I would have loved to see Nash in teal, now, not so much.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
Nash and Thornton together would need a fast skater with them. That skater can go retrieve the puck whilst Thornton and Nash wait at the offensive blue line for them to get the puck. Hopefully they make it to the net before the period ends.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I would be okay with Nash in third line minutes at third line money in theory. But I worry he’d move up the lineup at the expense of Meier/Labanc/Donskoi and therefore I am firmly against signing Nash.

Reactions: Papa Joe19

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
You seem ecstatic about this trade, which is undoubtedly a fantastic hockey trade. My question is, do you think Hoffman is innocent in the Karlsson situation? Do you not feel his behavior is deplorable as well?

Honestly who cares. He didn't commit a crime and I'm glad it happened because that's the only reason we got him this cheap.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
You seem ecstatic about this trade, which is undoubtedly a fantastic hockey trade. My question is, do you think Hoffman is innocent in the Karlsson situation? Do you not feel his behavior is deplorable as well?

Well, not exactly relevant anymore, but he and his girlfriend are absolutely guilty and their actions are abhorant. That said, it’s not Kane/Voynov bad. There is a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany