Summer 2017 Prospect Poll: #6

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
But we know that Ullmark couldn't even achieve 91% in a system that supposedly inflated save%
What system is that? Rochesters? The same team that iced defensemen that couldnt beat out Georges for a job on the Sabres? because we all know what superstar team we had in Buffalo that we we're bursting at the seams in Rochester.

Honestly if you look at last year's Sabres team, did you really expect Rochester to be that much better because in reality they were that much worse and Ullmark did good for what he had.

System is only as good as the players playing in the system.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Expecting Baptiste to break out next year. Thought the same thing about Bailey last year though with his size/speed/skill combo that his head won't let put together into being a good NHLer yet.

Add Fitzgerald.

I don't think its an issue with Baileys head per say, just his style. I saw him play several times in the O, and just felt his game was too perimeter based depending upon his heavy shot to score. He has to change and adapt his game to become an NHL player (pretty much all prospects do), and so far I have not seen a lot of that, its the same style.

I'd call it changing his mindset, not his mind. He has the hockey IQ to do it from what I have seen. He needs to look at a lot of video of a player like Simmonds and realize that his skillset is not entirely dissimilar, and by changing away from what has worked in the past (no easy feat) is what is required.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad