Summer 2017 Prospect Poll: #6

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
All prospects who fit the HF prospect critera are included.

ELIGIBILITY
-In his Age-24 season with fewer than 65 games for a skater (or 45 games for a goalie).

-If signed out of Europe or the NCAA at age 22 or older, fewer than 65 (skaters) or 45 (goalies) games within three years of signing.

RULES
Each poll runs 24 hours and is public. Vote for your choice and nominate a prospect from the list below to replace that player on the subsequent poll.

If there is a tie in the Top 10, there will be a run-off and the losing prospect will be returned to the pool for the next vote. Outside the Top 10, the tie will hold, the two highest Adds will be added and we'll move on.

PROSPECT RANKINGS
In the past, we've also done skater-only and goalie-only threads, as well as aggregate-type of rankings. If someone is interested, they are welcome to inherit that responsibility.

Summer 2017 Top 20
1. Casey Mittelstadt, C: (NR) 88 of 102 votes, 86.27% (runner up: Alexander Nylander, 10 votes)
2. Alexander Nylander, LW: (-1) 87 of 104 votes, 83.65% (runner up: Brendan Guhle, 9 votes)
3. Brendan Guhle, D: (-1) 70 of 113 votes, 61.95% (runner up: Rasmus Asplund, 27 votes)
4. Rasmus Asplund, C: (-1) 68 of 92 votes, 73.91% (runner up: Victor Antipin, 16 votes)
5. Victor Antipin, D: (NR) 44 of 79 votes, 55.70% (runner up: Nick Baptiste, 14 votes)

ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

F: Christopher Brown, Eric Cornel, Vasily Glotov, Seth Griffith, Brandon Hagel, Connor Hurley, Vaclav Karabacek, Brett Murray, Victor Olofsson, Judd Peterson, C.J. Smith, Linus Weissbach, Maxwell Willman

D: Jacob Bryson, Vojtech Budik, Ivan Chukarov, Casey Fitzgerald, Oskari Laaksonen, Brycen Martin, Casey Nelson, Philip Nyberg, Austin Osmanski, Devante Stephens

G: Jonas Johansson, Jason Kasdorf, Adam Wilcox

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I think Fasching will have the longest career in the NHL of the three. TBD if a fit here, but he will play

Add Glotov

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I dont see how Fasching should beat all of Bailey, Baptiste, UPL, Davidsson, Ullmark, ERod and Borgen. He is likely career bottom 6 winger with no top 6 upside. Cant see what in his skillset makes him our 6th best prospect right now. Yes, he likely makes the NHL but his ceiling is too low for me to put him in the top 6.

Add Griffith

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Still waiting for one to separate from the others...and waiting...and waiting.

Baptiste add Nelson

Baptiste was fairly invisible at prospects camp, Bailey looked no different than before, but Fasching seemed to dominate among smaller peers.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Baptiste was fairly invisible at prospects camp, Bailey looked no different than before, but Fasching seemed to dominate among smaller peers.

Fasching can dominate at that level to some extend but with his slow skating and rather limited puckskills I cant see that translating too well at NHL level. Thrashing some prospects in a summer camp means nothing when his profile fits a 3-4 line winger at NHL level. The upside for just about anyone on the list here is IMO higher even if Hudson's floor is of course likely higher as guys like him are present on most teams. That on balance for me should mean a lower overall ranking.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I still have hope for Bailey. I think he can put together the mental issues to go with the physical tools but this season will hopefully put some separation between the three.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I went Borgen, pretty convinced he's going to be a Sabres dman for several years. Need him signed.

Add Fitzgerald, who also needs to be signed. Both guys are in their junior seasons, don't need the worry that comes with these college guys playing 4 years and becoming UFA's.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Ullmark for me.

I guess I'll add CJ Smith here.

By the way, not that anyone is voting for him, but Kasdorf is 25.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Fasching can dominate at that level to some extend but with his slow skating and rather limited puckskills I cant see that translating too well at NHL level. Thrashing some prospects in a summer camp means nothing when his profile fits a 3-4 line winger at NHL level. The upside for just about anyone on the list here is IMO higher even if Hudson's floor is of course likely higher as guys like him are present on most teams. That on balance for me should mean a lower overall ranking.

Says the Ullmark lover...

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Expecting Baptiste to break out next year. Thought the same thing about Bailey last year though with his size/speed/skill combo that his head won't let put together into being a good NHLer yet.

Add Fitzgerald.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Ugh. Seriously, a single prospect camp. That's what you're going to reference?

That’s the most recent showing.... so yes when you’re talking about who has tried to lead the pack over the last year that’s all we’ve got.

If Fasching can play his game along the boards he will play in the NHL for a while. I don’t know if Housleys system is where that happens though. The other two will have to hit their ceiling to play as long as he will I think.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Way too many unknows for him. Ullmark is the safer pick for me of the two. Of course I hope that changes down the line.

But we know that Ullmark couldn't even achieve 91% in a system that supposedly inflated save%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad