GDT: SUI - CAN

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Came home and noticed the Women's League was on TV so assumed someone won in regulation.

Watched it. Tavares is an amazing Captain. Well done, Captain Faceoff.

TBH, I hope we lose the last game. It will be for the best.

Cozens.. keeps taking steps.
Yes. I've been waiting for him to have a breakout year -I'll take this, instead. He's been terrific.

Reactions: jj cale

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Confidence! You'll be fine.
Canada getting USA in the quarter-final? It's certainly possible...25% chance as it is with the other opponents with things being so close.. I would not say it's worse (for Canada) than playing an opponent with tendencies they understand less...playing the U.S., they will know 100% exactly what to expect. Skill and fate will then rule, as it always does!

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Emotional game, exciting game, Swiss fans were standing until the end, I got riled up several times.

I hate when we play Switzerland, the games are always so stressful 😂
My first time this entire tournament that I have watched Team Canada play from the opening faceoff. I know it might not be best on best hockey, and the fact that Russia is not involved negatively impacts this tournament, but for a fan of hockey- this was definitely an entertaining game to watch.

The passion of the Swiss fans is unbelievable. The games against Switzerland are always close games and exciting. Wish them the best going forward, and hopefully Canada can face them again in the Gold Medal Game.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Canada getting USA in the quarter-final? It's certainly possible...25% chance as it is with the other opponents with things being so close.. I would not say it's worse (for Canada) than playing an opponent with tendencies they understand less...playing the U.S., they will know 100% exactly what to expect. Skill and fate will then rule, as it always does!
Based on my calculations, there is no chance of Canada and the U.S. meeting in the quarters.

It will very likely be Swiss / U.S.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Game turning point cannot be anything but the Fiala penalty. 2 goals scored on the major called is the turning point

Was it necessary? Maybe. It wasn't an egregiously bad call. But it could have been less too. Whatever. The games are not played to ultimately be slaved to the correctness of the officiating calls...they're played for our entertainment, and for player's engagement and ability. And we were all definitely entertained. And I doubt any players feel cheated.
Another very important turning point was the Andrighetto penalty shot, when the game was 2-1 Switzerland. When I saw it was him shooting it, I thought oh no. These days he‘s as confident as a turnip vs a shredder.

Reactions: jj cale

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Another very important turning point was the Andrighetto penalty shot, when the game was 2-1 Switzerland. When I saw it was him shooting it, I thought oh no. These days he‘s as confident as a turnip vs a shredder.
It was 2-2 then. I agree on Andrighetto but with his wrist injury last year and with him still playing with protection I'm happy that he's at the place he's now. It could have been career ending as far as I understand.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Hopefully Cozens is ok today after the collision. The game was exciting and reasonably well played. Switzerland is still a few NHL caliber players short of truly being a contender with the top teams.

If a team bringing Hischier, Fiala, Niederreiter, Josi, Kurashev, Siegenthaler with other very good players from swiss league is not enough, I don't know what is :laugh:

The game was very even. I think we can beat anyone here but this year we might lack of depth in term of players from Swiss league I admit, we really miss guys like Malgin and Corvi...

At the same time, Thürkauf had his best game yesterday, he seems to get better on those very intense game and we need him, we are legitimately expecting a lot from him given the season he had.

And Kurashev has a hard time finding his spot. He wasn't bad but not as noticeable as he should be.

We beat Canada last two years and didn't make the semi, so maybe this year Canada beat us and we make the semi lol

Having Josi is a big change from those last two year not only on the ice but also off the ice, he can bring the killer instinct we lacked on previous quarter.

I think we played really good yesterday minus some turnovers and Fiala bad choice, I hope we grow from this. Genoni was also solid.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If a team bringing Hischier, Fiala, Niederreiter, Josi, Kurashev, Siegenthaler with other very good players from swiss league is not enough, I don't know what is :laugh:

The game was very even. I think we can beat anyone here but this year we might lack of depth in term of players from Swiss league I admit, we really miss guys like Malgin and Corvi...

At the same time, Thürkauf had his best game yesterday, he seems to get better on those very intense game and we need him, we are legitimately expecting a lot from him given the season he had.

And Kurashev has a hard time finding his spot. He wasn't bad but not as noticeable as he should be.

We beat Canada last two years and didn't make the semi, so maybe this year Canada beat us and we make the semi lol

Having Josi is a big change from those last two year not only on the ice but also off the ice, he can bring the killer instinct we lacked on previous quarter.

I think we played really good yesterday minus some turnovers and Fiala bad choice, I hope we grow from this. Genoni was also solid.
Josi is a fantastic player. One of the best in the world. The world championships are a bit different from a best on best tournament which was more what I was getting at.

Reactions: SwissFan12

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Josi is a fantastic player. One of the best in the world. The world championships are a bit different from a best on best tournament which was more what I was getting at.

Yeah of course, but if you look at our 2018 silver, we beat an absolutetly stacked finland and an absolutely stacked Canada, while having an objectively lesser team

So I still have hope for the olympics in milan even though a medal isn't likely given the opposition

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad