GDT: SUI - CAN

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
I like sooo many things about these games, and their coverage. After watching many full games, and just about all of the highlights posted by the IIHF:

a) zero replays of any questionable incidents, or even basic incidents. which leads to less inevitable fan hand-wringing about how bad the call against their team was, and pointless commentary from broadcasters about the same. it slows the game down, and makes people more focussed on the bad calls as opposed to the game flow.
b) refs make their own calls, and own reviews, and do so when needed quickly. ref-cams are good.
c) fan involvement is top-notch in the arena. I wish all the championships were held in Europe, the fan investment is simply fantastic.
d) players? the players are so engaged, and playing at their very best. the quality of the hockey is great, even minnows in the Top Group show occasional excellence.
e) drama. the nature of the tournament, everyone playing everyone else in their group, and then 1 offs until the end...fantastic.

I have been watching the World Championships for decades, from Canada, with spotty coverage at times. And reading about all of them since they began. It is a fantastic tradition!

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
I like sooo many things about these games, and their coverage. After watching many full games, and just about all of the highlights posted by the IIHF:

a) zero replays of any questionable incidents, or even basic incidents. which leads to less inevitable fan hand-wringing about how bad the call against their team was, and pointless commentary from broadcasters about the same. it slows the game down, and makes people more focussed on the bad calls as opposed to the game flow.
b) refs make their own calls, and own reviews, and do so when needed quickly. ref-cams are good.
c) fan involvement is top-notch in the arena. I wish all the championships were held in Europe, the fan investment is simply fantastic.
d) players? the players are so engaged, and playing at their very best. the quality of the hockey is great, even minnows in the Top Group show occasional excellence.
e) drama. the nature of the tournament, everyone playing everyone else in their group, and then 1 offs until the end...fantastic.

I have been watching the World Championships for decades, from Canada, with spotty coverage at times. And reading about all of them since they began. It is a fantastic tradition!

Well said.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Agree with all of it. The one thing i hate most about WHC's in euroland is the incessant whistling when the fans don't like a call or if some threw a big hit.

Whistling is so weak and annoying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad