Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StewieFan76

Mar 23, 2019
I know there will probably be some people that disagree although I’m guessing more people will agree. A good coach and we would be up 3-0 nothing in this series. If we had someone like Trent Cull, someone who cares about accountability, someone that actually knows how to get the maximum out of every player, we would be cruising, and we wouldn’t even be playing with me right now because we would’ve finished first in the conference. Please next year, new coach, new GM, new culture, so disappointing. Every year I see the same teams like North Bay, London, and others ice, good teams and build good teams and every single year we get the mediocre garbage and when we do get good players, we get behind the bench garbage.

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
I know there will probably be some people that disagree although I’m guessing more people will agree. A good coach and we would be up 3-0 nothing in this series. If we had someone like Trent Cull, someone who cares about accountability, someone that actually knows how to get the maximum out of every player, we would be cruising, and we wouldn’t even be playing with me right now because we would’ve finished first in the conference. Please next year, new coach, new GM, new culture, so disappointing. Every year I see the same teams like North Bay, London, and others ice, good teams and build good teams and every single year we get the mediocre garbage and when we do get good players, we get behind the bench garbage.
It’s ridiculous. Most talented team in years and we’ve completely ruined it. Dario Zurich is to blame. He let this happen.

Reactions: djscooter

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I'm sure we'll have the same folks in here telling us how we're all toxic and Dario is the best owner in the OHL. I really wonder how long these folks have been fans for. This team has had incredible fan support for as long as I can remember and has rewarded Its fanbase with absolute mediocrity. The fans deserve better then whatever this abusive relationship is.

Reactions: CTrain10

StewieFan76

Mar 23, 2019
I'm sure we'll have the same folks in here telling us how we're all toxic and Dario is the best owner in the OHL. I really wonder how long these folks have been fans for. This team has had incredible fan support for as long as I can remember and has rewarded Its fanbase with absolute mediocrity. The fans deserve better then whatever this abusive relationship is.
I’m 47 and I started going to games when I was a kid with my dad. Even through some really really bad years the fans always supported the team. They definitely deserve better for sure. It’s awful and like I said it’s worse when you look at all of these other teams every year that no matter what they put out a competitive team. They give their all, they do whatever it takes to win. no excuses this year. Knowing they were going to have a really great team they should’ve gotten a coach that could handle it. They should’ve gotten the could do what needed to get done. They blew it. It’s gonna be a long time before they have a talented again , so oh well I would say there’s next year but there isn’t next year, maybe four years from now?

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I’m 47 and I started going to games when I was a kid with my dad. Even through some really really bad years the fans always supported the team. They definitely deserve better for sure. It’s awful and like I said it’s worse when you look at all of these other teams every year that no matter what they put out a competitive team. They give their all, they do whatever it takes to win. no excuses this year. Knowing they were going to have a really great team they should’ve gotten a coach that could handle it. They should’ve gotten the could do what needed to get done. They blew it. It’s gonna be a long time before they have a talented again , so oh well I would say there’s next year but there isn’t next year, maybe four years from now?
Dario did not want to fire a coach and have to pay another one while he was still paying for his last dumpster dive coach in Duncanson.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
North Bay retooled knowing who they would probably face. They are a better team even with their top players out, They deserve the sweep and our Gm can explain to the owner what went wrong if he even cares. We witnessed typical Wolves hockey.

bignickelfan

Jan 9, 2024
Dario did not want to fire a coach and have to pay another one while he was still paying for his last dumpster dive coach in Duncanson.
I don't disagree with your point at all.

With this talent that is inexcusable! He just pissed away a season with talent we likely won't see again for a very long time.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
no one is happy expectations were high, same folks biggest whiners on here.

North Bay is a very good team, they are balanced offensively, defensively, and want it more. Our Leadership core does not match up to NB. Musty loves feasting on weak teams but no show on good teams.

Wolves players totally blew game tonight blame whoever you feel like coach, owner, Howler. etc Yes, I believe Dario Zulich is a good owner, and wants to bring a championship to Sudbury. I'm sure everything will be accessed.

Same guys will smear the team to make them feel good.

I understand the frustration, say your piece, but same guys will repeat themselves hundred times.

Last edited:

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Fanatic...
a person exhibiting excessive enthusiasm and intense uncritical devotion toward some controversial matter (as in religion or politics)
a religious fanatic [=extremist]

The fanatics are convinced they are serving a righteous cause and that all means are justified …

Ill let you guess ,who above, this applies to

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Coming in peace.

I seen Sudburys season going like this long ago. A team this talented should have been better however none of your goalies could identify a puck in a line up of pucks.

That might be to harsh but believe your team save% was like 876,

Now some will say, what goalie was available for trade? Its not my job to figure it out. Everybody is available for the right cost.

Hope you guys can get this to 7 games. Would be awesome to come up to the barn and see a playoff game.

Cheers.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I will give credit when credit is due. North Bay just wants it more. They have a burning desire to not lose. They obviously have the experience from last year. Good for them!

Wolves played well enough however some unfortunate calls and the short handed goal late in the game really did them in.

As for the coaching. We weren’t out coached by North Bay. We had a coach who out coached himself. It was all year. When you don’t put out Villeneuve on the PP when he scored two goals tonight and has the extra step says something about the coach not being able to recognize things that trending in a game. As well the fourth line not getting sniff of icetime when Coughlan was forechecking hard and making an impact. I just shake my head.

Onto next season now. We had hope but like every year I look to the future. Some nice prospects coming in. Hopefully we can find the right guidance behind the bench to lead a new crop of youngsters.

I’m not confident the Wolves have what it takes to take on such a monumental task.

WJ

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Coming in peace.

I seen Sudburys season going like this long ago. A team this talented should have been better however none of your goalies could identify a puck in a line up of pucks.

That might be to harsh but believe your team save% was like 876,

Now some will say, what goalie was available for trade? Its not my job to figure it out. Everybody is available for the right cost.

Hope you guys can get this to 7 games. Would be awesome to come up to the barn and see a playoff game.

Cheers.
It’s not just the goaltending, it’s also the absolutely terrible team defensive play. They can do it, it’s just that some of them simply don’t care to

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
It’s not just the goaltending, it’s also the absolutely terrible team defensive play. They can do it, it’s just that some of them simply don’t care to
Even though there's player turnover, you have to learn how to win. Seems like North Bay has done this over the years. Hopefully you guys are heading in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad