Sudbury Wolves 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
I'm usually an optimist...But going into this game with some very key players out of the lineup against a Very good NB team thats extra motivated coming off a couple losses to weaker teams...I'm happy to just compete and not get blown out in our own barn. I think DM is getting a real true test tonight.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I'm usually an optimist...But going into this game with some very key players out of the lineup against a Very good NB team thats extra motivated coming off a couple losses to weaker teams...I'm happy to just compete and not get blown out in our own barn. I think DM is getting a real true test tonight.
I expect a slaughter, but will be happy if they at least put forward a good effort, regardless of score.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Who's out of the Wolves lineup? Battalion are missing some key pieces also.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Good First Period, not sure what happened in second period, totally two different efforts.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
That was about what I expected... Forget it, and move on, preferably without Dylan Robinson; that was one of the worst performances I've seen in a Wolves jersey.

Last edited:

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Why is every team making significant trades and The Wolves are doing nothing ?
Not willing to make sideways moves with all expectations expected next year. A goalie will probably come in shortly. I believe they have set their goal simply to make the playoffs.

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
What is the reason papa McKenzie is still behind the bench. Will our new coach ever take over?
Do you somehow see this as an issue ? Or a negative in any way aside from shoulder room. Ken knows these players better than anyone in the organization...Derek is coming in cold. I think its a case of DM's message being delivered by Ken who knows how each one of these kid will respond. It's a perfect scenario if you ask me to have Ken on the bench while Derek learns who these boys are and what they can do, My bet is after Christmas Derek will have full reign on the bench but if not for some reason who cares I'd bet they work pretty well together and are enjoying the time together.
Just my opinion of course

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Do you somehow see this as an issue ? Or a negative in any way aside from shoulder room. Ken knows these players better than anyone in the organization...Derek is coming in cold. I think its a case of DM's message being delivered by Ken who knows how each one of these kid will respond. It's a perfect scenario if you ask me to have Ken on the bench while Derek learns who these boys are and what they can do, My bet is after Christmas Derek will have full reign on the bench but if not for some reason who cares I'd bet they work pretty well together and are enjoying the time together.
shouldnt the assistant coaches know the kids?

Reactions: justawolfan

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Not willing to make sideways moves with all expectations expected next year. A goalie will probably come in shortly. I believe they have set their goal simply to make the playoffs.
Wow, talk about lowered expectations if that’s true. Seems to be the goal every year. It might be a tough sell for Zulich, I know he expects a couple rounds anyway.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Wow, talk about lowered expectations if that’s true. Seems to be the goal every year. It might be a tough sell for Zulich, I know he expects a couple rounds anyway.

Any guess when we'll see the Sudbury Wolves become a true contender? Next year perhaps?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
have to ask, but what has papineau done to make him a lock to return next year. i have my opinion, but id like to hear others who may have more info then me.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Any guess when we'll see the Sudbury Wolves become a true contender? Next year perhaps?
2024-25.
Unless the wolves can come out the deadline matching moves made by Guelph, OS, Saginaw, Kingston, Niagara. If the wolves do not add, one or two of Barrie, Miss, NB could also have better 2003-04 born than the wolves.

Last edited:

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
I don't know but I find it odd. There are opportunities, other than behind the bench, to get to know and understand the team. Ken has a job in the front office. This is not the typical way of dealing with this. Maybe it's a long-term plan to keep them both there or maybe your guess is right.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I don't know but I find it odd. There are opportunities, other than behind the bench, to get to know and understand the team. Ken has a job in the front office. This is not the typical way of dealing with this. Maybe it's a long-term plan to keep them both there or maybe your guess is right.
ken is one of the only ast gms that i never saw scouting, is that by design?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I must agree it is really frustrating watching games, you really don't know what kind of performance will get each night or from period to period. Defensively poor, PP real bad, PK average, most nights. Watching Krawchuk closer last night, I know it was his first game in a long time, looks like he's over his head in this league.

Yesterday I believe Bishop dressed, I don't recall him playing a shift all game yesterday, Robinson and Mania were shaky defensively most of the game.

We. really need to inject something to this team, a veteran D who can run a PP, Chromiak experiment on the PP I have seen enough, he's young kid still developing not ready to run the first power play unit.

I believe we will need a back up goalie, another veteran forward with some leadership and physical. Wolves seem very patient but I would think come January at trade deadline they will be making some moves.

Reactions: Wisdom

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
shouldnt the assistant coaches know the kids?
Yes they should and do to a certain degree I think...but they are also relatively new to the team. Ken was there when these kids were drafted, he was the first face they seen coming into a new town, he manages their academic progressions and is the Billet coordinator who I'm told maintains a very tight relationship with the families that house the players. Now he's on the bench...I think it's a dynamic never seen at this level of hockey and one that can be a tremendous advantage in getting the most out of what every kid can bring to the ice and off.

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
I must agree it is really frustrating watching games, you really don't know what kind of performance will get each night or from period to period. Defensively poor, PP real bad, PK average, most nights. Watching Krawchuk closer last night, I know it was his first game in a long time, looks like he's over his head in this league.

Yesterday I believe Bishop dressed, I don't recall him playing a shift all game yesterday, Robinson and Mania were shaky defensively most of the game.

We. really need to inject something to this team, a veteran D who can run a PP, Chromiak experiment on the PP I have seen enough, he's young kid still developing not ready to run the first power play unit.

I believe we will need a back up goalie, another veteran forward with some leadership and physical. Wolves seem very patient but I would think come January at trade deadline they will be making some moves.
Agree with most that is said here. But...and I may be alone here but thought Krawchuk acually looked decent for a majority of this game. I think there is still potential. Nobody has seen him play I suppose its telling that the coaches don't have faith in his capabilities otherwise he would be getting more games...i just wonder what their seeing at practice to warrant the lack of confidence in him? Agree Chromiak on PP isn't working...maybe next year. I actually enjoy watching Mania when he's carrying the puck...fun skater and seems like a decent shot...Just hate how on offensive rushes he takes so long to get back to his blueline. I wonder if he could work a PP...isn't it worth a try. I agree he's a little shaky at time in the Dzone but I've seen improvement there as well. D.Robinson sorry to say just is not worth a spot... as bad a Bishop has shown I'd rather him on the bench as a 7th D playing select shifts than have Robinson there at any capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad