Sudbury Wolves 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolves2023

Jan 30, 2022
I’ve been wanting for DeGrazzia to get more icetime for a while. He deserves a shot on the top line. Instead they promote Ross… We got the win but this is something that definitly makes me scratch my head…
Its pathetic they put him on the third line every night and he is now second in scoring on the team, the kid gets no respect what so ever.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I'm not giving praise to a goaltender that hopes the puck hits him for a save. So sir.
Agree Weeks looked bad all game. The gods were smiling today look at how many times the puck squeaked through him. Maybe he plays too much but Dunc obviously doesn’t trust Lemaire. That would have been a collapse for the ages.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Its pathetic they put him on the third line every night and he is now second in scoring on the team, the kid gets no respect what so ever.
He had to learn to play defence. Once he started to learn his own end offensive chances come. Then increased ice time. The guy had been as soft as my old bananas for the better part of the season. So good for him for figuring it out. There was never any question about his offence potential skating.

If you looked at the game today there is still guys who don’t impose any physicality. You need to put pressure deep in the offensive zone and finish checks.

Good win with many guys dropping off the bench today. Scary but they held on.

WJ

Reactions: cub

Wolves2023

Jan 30, 2022
He had to learn to play defence. Once he started to learn his own end offensive chances come. Then increased ice time. The guy had been as soft as my old bananas for the better part of the season. So good for him for figuring it out. There was never any question about his offence potential skating.

If you looked at the game today there is still guys who don’t impose any physicality. You need to put pressure deep in the offensive zone and finish checks.

Good win with many guys dropping off the bench today. Scary but they held on.

WJ
im not disagreeing with what your saying about the defence at all, he did need to work on it but when do you ever see goyette throwing the body and hes out there every second shift, players have roles and thats not his.

Reactions: Pucks Deep

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
im not disagreeing with what your saying about the defence at all, he did need to work on it but when do you ever see goyette throwing the body and hes out there every second shift, players have roles and thats not his.
Goyette has mixed up it a lot lately. His issue is losing the puck under pressure. Holding on too long and turn it over whether he’s not thinking quick enough or simply panicking.

WJ

Reactions: Wolves2023

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Goyette has mixed up it a lot lately. His issue is losing the puck under pressure. Holding on too long and turn it over whether he’s not thinking quick enough or simply panicking.

WJ

You serious ? You question his hockey smarts ? Goyette is our best player period. He’s the only 17 yo along with Shane Wright playing top centerman and he’s the only top scoring 17yo of an OHL team. Oh and he had to play with Ross tonight… And he’s a rookie… I’m pretty sure every fwd wishes he played with him. But here in Sudbury we love our grinders so much …

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
You serious ? You question his hockey smarts ? Goyette is our best player period. He’s the only 17 yo along with Shane Wright playing top centerman and he’s the only top scoring 17yo of an OHL team. Oh and he had to play with Ross tonight… And he’s a rookie… I’m pretty sure every fwd wishes he played with him. But here in Sudbury we love our grinders so much …
Good player yes. I just think what's happening now is teams are keying in on him and taking away his open ice. He will have to make the adjustment.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
OK, so our defense is pretty weak, which is obvious based on the number of shots, leading to goals, that we've faced this year and the logical answer is to put our best stay-at-home defenceman on offense? A crazy decision in my opinion. Might be a one game test! Although D. Robinson is a fan favourite, maybe the continual emphasis on offensive rushes is counterproductive? Once again, coaching is pretty inconsistent. I think we're going to miss Delic.

Last edited:

Jack Timins

Sep 20, 2021
A few things are obvious when it comes to Goyette. #1 he is amazing @ hockey. #2 he is our best player and its not even close in my opinion. #3 for that entire line it will now be a lot harder going forward, You had your coming out party and now game plans will revolve around shutting you down. Completely un called for and dirty hit on Konyen. As much as I admire his motor, Delic is and will run out of gas and the rest may actually do him good. I have said it before the decision to have 7 D and only play pretty much 8 forwards all game and allow 2 minute shifts will lead to burn out and injuries. But what do I know.

Reactions: Wolves fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad