Sudbury Wolves 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Looks like they want to keep Jack for the 3 games this weekend, finishing in Oshawa Sunday, he will probably go home to Clarington and then report to his new team. A tentive deal could already be done.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
If they have a tentative deal in place for anyone, I doubt that player would play this weekend. Why risk an injury messing up the deal?
True will see if he plays tonight, one thing for sure, he will not be coming home after the Oshawa game you would think.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
I heard your GM is asking for outrageous price for Thompson and if he doesn't lower it Thompson won't get traded

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Deadline is 3 days away. Asking price should still be astronomical! They could end up keeping him sure, but they won’t. They kept Capo when they should have dealt him. Still think he will be sold to the highest bidder come Monday.
Yeah just negotiating 101. You set a massive price, if someone pays it then cool. If you're not willing to pay it then you have to sweat it out and hope nobody else will pay it and I'll lower it in the last day.

Reactions: howlman

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Deadline is 3 days away. Asking price should still be astronomical! They could end up keeping him sure, but they won’t. They kept Capo when they should have dealt him. Still think he will be sold to the highest bidder come Monday.
At least it looks like Paps doesn’t want to get fleeced this time. Also yes, when you start high you can always go lower. If you start low there’s no where to go. Just like my gig (sales). Really like to see him traded to the other conference. With all due respect, I’m not sure why Oshawa would be in on him. Watch their games and they don’t strike me as a front runner this year.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Yeah just negotiating 101. You set a massive price, if someone pays it then cool. If you're not willing to pay it then you have to sweat it out and hope nobody else will pay it and I'll lower it in the last day.
Ha funny, I posted before having read this.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
At least it looks like Paps doesn’t want to get fleeced this time. Also yes, when you start high you can always go lower. If you start low there’s no where to go. Just like my gig (sales). Really like to see him traded to the other conference. With all due respect, I’m not sure why Oshawa would be in on him. Watch their games and they don’t strike me as a front runner this year.
Nobody in the East is that good and if you add Oskar Olausson (top 10 player) and Jack Thompson (top 5 Dman) to almost any team but especially one with pretty good goaltending and a couple other pretty good pieces, suddenly you might have something this year. But yeah, I love Thompson but I'd be good with the Gens staying away

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
You know Paps is loyal to his players. Looks like we will be a mediocre team forever! And less butts in the seats when you don’t improve your team to WIN. Yes develop kids to the next level but that’s easy to say for one or two players but most will never see professional hockey past junior. This is a also a business and you must have a coaching team in place to actually develop and also WIN something. Paps was gifted a team when he broke onto the seen and was able to easily make deals to secure last place to get Byfield. But now the real managing work is at the forefront and Paps has to perform or else he can also get the boot along with this coaching staff. Just my two cents after reading the star article today. That’s a lot of baloney if you ask me.

WJ

Reactions: dirty12 and howlman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad