Successful players after leaving regime

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Most guys traded haven't done much (examples not named in this thread: Prust, Budaj, LeBlanc, Collberg, Holland, Diaz, Kristo). I think our professional scouting have been spot on with these guys.

Gauthier underestimated more frequently: Cammalleri, Ramo, Lapierre, Wisniewski, McDonagh

Gainey had a few as well McDonagh, Grabovski, Ribeiro

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Yeah, they may even have sent down Kassian to play with/protect McDavid, since he will be going to the Condors, too, for a conditioning stint.

It is pretty impressive how the OP cherry picked evidence, and isn't even aware of it. The human capacity for self-delusion is remarkable.

I hope Kassian and Tinordi go on to have good careers, though. I also feel that they were given up on too early, especially considering this current losing rut we're in.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Kassian and spare time do not mix well.

This thread is grasping at straws. All examples are not examples of any kind of dramatic improvement once away from Montreal and, in the case of the G, it's not like he would really get a chance to play in Montreal with price already in nets.

These types of arguments would've made more sense at a time where Leclair was traded and became an instant All-Star. Even at those times, people argued that it wasn't primarily the system but, rather, the two monsters that Lecalir had played with in PHI, helping his confidence soar.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Vokoun gave what, 5 goals in one period here ? Then we let Nashville pick him during the expansion draft and we all know what happened after. He had a strong career.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Vokoun gave what, 5 goals in one period here ? Then we let Nashville pick him during the expansion draft and we all know what happened after. He had a strong career.

So what? That's how the expansion draft works. You're going to leave some decent players vulnerable unless your team has a lot of garbage (not a good thing).

Vokoun was good but for all of Montreal's problems over the past 15 years, goaltending has never really been a long term which is something under appreciated here. A lot of fans here have no idea how painful it is to play/watch hockey when your goaltender is bad, especially when it happens year after year after year.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
Mix with the MB thread or coaching Thread if Mods find necessary.

It seems several players who have had more success away from the Habs once they left this regime under MB or MT or AHL under SL. Just off the top of my head, Kassian is already doing fine in Oil Country, Dubnyk became a 1G, Tinordi had a good debut in Phoenix, Vanek became Vanek again, PAP is having a bounce back year in Toronto. Any others off the top of the head I didn't mention. Just seems we haven't gotten the most out of some players who had success elsewhere. I'm not sure if that's the system by MT, or the policies by MB but it's frustrating to see success from players we had and I know hindsight is 20/20.

Discuss

I haven't read the thread yet but i'm sure your post has been destroyed allready. I'll take a shot a it though.

Kassian : 6gp 2pts too small a sample to tell yet. Was sent down to the AHL yesterday.

Dubnyk : Will never be better than carey price, who cares what he becomes. Good with solid D-Core, Awfull with bad d-core

Vanek : produced at 68pts per season with Habs. Has had only 2 seasons in career above 68pts

PAP : Lets see once the season is over. guy only has 23pts hardly a success story for a player who'se only strength is offense

Tinordi : Did you watch the game? I did, the guy is still as messy has he's been with the habs...like Kassian and PAP, sample too small

Who else has been better?? Bourque? Sekac? Moen? Diaz? Gionta? Gorges? Leblanc?

Whose been better under habs...

Byron
Weise
Petry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad