Successful players after leaving regime

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Mix with the MB thread or coaching Thread if Mods find necessary.

It seems several players who have had more success away from the Habs once they left this regime under MB or MT or AHL under SL. Just off the top of my head, Kassian is already doing fine in Oil Country, Dubnyk became a 1G, Tinordi had a good debut in Phoenix, Vanek became Vanek again, PAP is having a bounce back year in Toronto. Any others off the top of the head I didn't mention. Just seems we haven't gotten the most out of some players who had success elsewhere. I'm not sure if that's the system by MT, or the policies by MB but it's frustrating to see success from players we had and I know hindsight is 20/20.

Discuss

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Tinordi making a debut is not success, not yet.

Kassian was always a good player but he had/has issues. They may flare up at any time, a short sample doesn't change that.

Dubynk was barely with us. He was looking pretty bad before he came to us(hence why he was in AHL).

Vanek was fine with montreal, people forget Subban decked him and he likely got injured.

I don't think anyone has improved that much without us. Mostly because MB tends to keep all his acquisitions.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Vanek is playing at a worst pace than with Habs.
Sekac not having much success.

Other are marginal players at best.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

It seems several players who have had more success away from the Habs once they left this regime under MB or MT or AHL under SL. Just off the top of my head, Kassian is already doing fine in Oil Country, Dubnyk became a 1G, Tinordi had a good debut in Phoenix, Vanek became Vanek again, PAP is having a bounce back year in Toronto. Any others off the top of the head I didn't mention. Just seems we haven't gotten the most out of some players who had success elsewhere. I'm not sure if that's the system by MT, or the policies by MB but it's frustrating to see success from players we had and I know hindsight is 20/20.

Discuss

They sent him to the farm

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Gionta is declining
Prust, Gorges don't amount to much
Bourque is ...Bourque

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Kassian was always a good player but he had/has issues. They may flare up at any time, a short sample doesn't change that.

Dubynk was barely with us. He was looking pretty bad before he came to us(hence why he was in AHL).

Vanek was fine with montreal, people forget Subban decked him and he likely got injured.

I don't think anyone has improved that much without us. Mostly because MB tends to keep all his acquisitions.
Didn't Vanek say that he was never injured in the post playoff interviews?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Tinordi making a debut is almost a success considering how crappy he was treated here. Took 3 months for him to play with us. This despite Emelin playing with a fractured foot! Therrien preferred a struggling Emelin with a fractured foot instead of giving Tinordi some time. It's insane.

As for Vanek, completely speculative from your part, and if he's injured to the point of dropping to 4th line, scratch the guy. Vanek also said he felt he was building chemistry with DD-Patches but then Therrien split them.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Tinordi making a debut is almost a success considering how crappy he was treated here. Took 3 months for him to play with us. This despite Emelin playing with a fractured foot! Therrien preferred a struggling Emelin with a fractured foot instead of giving Tinordi some time. It's insane.

As for Vanek, completely speculative from your part, and if he's injured to the point of dropping to 4th line, scratch the guy. Vanek also said he felt he was building chemistry with DD-Patches but then Therrien split them.

Tinordi playing 1 game isn't a success. Sorry. I don't agree with how he was used but it's way too early to say he's successful, that's why I said "not yet".

As for Vanek, yup speculative but either way it doesn't fit the narrative of him being more successful after he left. He had more success in montreal than Minnesota. His PPG dropped quite a bit.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Kassian is already doing fine in Oil Country

Sent to the AHL today.

Dubnyk became a 1G

Dubnyk never even met Marc Bergervin or Michel Therrien

Tinordi had a good debut in Phoenix

So your measuring stick for for "having more success away from the regime" is simply playing in the NHL? Why not just list everyone who's played an NHL game after being here?

Vanek became Vanek again,

Vanek scored at a .83 points per game pace as a Canadien then went to Minnesota and scored at a .65 pace last year and a .60 pace this year. Respectfully, what are you talking about?

PAP is having a bounce back year in Toronto.

Oh yes, Parenteau is really the one who got away. Is there anyone here, outside of I suspect you, that wishes Parenteau was back on this roster? He has 23 points. He would be eighth on the team in scoring right now. Are you serious with this?

. Just seems we haven't gotten the most out of some players who had success elsewhere. I'm not sure if that's the system by MT, or the policies by MB but it's frustrating to see success from players we had and I know hindsight is 20/20.

It only "seems" that way because you are pretending it is. Talk about grasping for straws.

Aug 25, 2009
éal

Discuss

I am sorry, but litterally none of your exemple work.

Kassian has already been sent down
Dubynk never really was in our system, it certainly not Waite that held him back the few weeks he was 3rd string here
Tinordi is as good in Arizona as he was the little time he played here
Vanek is playing exactly just like he was with us and having the same amount of success (and jury is still out about his playoff abilities)
PAP is scoring more because the Leafs have no one else to play and that kind of explain why they suck too

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Erik Cole may be the only player to go on to better things elsewhere since the start of the Bergevin era. Keeping him would have been better than Ryder/Briere/Parenteau.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
More important is who improving under current regime.

Lets be honest, most of the guys who were acquired have been on the downside of the career prior to coming to MTL

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...not that I agree with the sentiment or even the need for this thread, however it needs to be pointed out here that the only reason Kassian was sent down by the Oilers was that they don't play again until after the All Star break and their AHL team plays 3 games so they are keeping Kassian, who could be sent down without having to go through waivers again, fresh and playing...

Hermamoud

Feb 21, 2008
Didn't Vanek say that he was never injured in the post playoff interviews?

He said in a recent interview that he carried injuries for a while

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201512/22/01-4933715-thomas-vanek-heureux-a-la-maison.php

La vitesse, ça n'a jamais été mon fort et ces blessures-là n'ont pas aidé... mais je me sens beaucoup mieux maintenant. Ça faisait longtemps que je traînais ces blessures-là, je traînais ça même quand j'étais à Montréal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad