GDT: Submitted for your Perusal: NJ PITT (4/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The *worst player" on the team and yet on most nights he averages twice as much ice time as some of the other forwards on the team?

Either you or a coach who has spent most of his adult life in the NHL are mistaken.

Or the coach is being compelled to showcase Johnsson because the GM acquired him and he's got two more years left on an almost unmoveable contract.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
What is a "Devil's shrewd trade?"

The Murray, Kuokkanen and Taylor Hall and Blake Coleman deals were all pretty good deals.

While it's too early to tell, the acquisition of Siegenthaler also looks like it will help going forward.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
The *worst player" on the team and yet on most nights he averages twice as much ice time as some of the other forwards on the team?

Either you or a coach who has spent most of his adult life in the NHL are mistaken.
The thing with Johnsson is. He doesn't f*** up that often defensively but when he does it's a goal 100% of the time lol. And he brings no offense even though his metrics aren't bad.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
The very reason all three should be fixtures next season.

wood (or zacha, preferably wood) has to go, sorry. we have to trade from a position of strength, which means giving up a good player, in order to make other parts of our team better. it makes no sense to sit on all these assets and piss all that talent away because you're scared to deal one. i hope fitz tugs his scrote this offseaon and does what is needed.

Reactions: TheDuke93

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
wood (or zacha, preferably wood) has to go, sorry. we have to trade from a position of strength, which means giving up a good player, in order to make other parts of our team better. it makes no sense to sit on all these assets and piss all that talent away because you're scared to deal one. i hope fitz tugs his scrote this offseaon and does what is needed.
You don't trade Wood or Zacha unless you get a substantial upgrade though. Our wings are stacked with talented prospects but no one is a guarantee, even though I think there is a very good chance all three hit, we don't have a quality wing to come in and definitely replace one or both of them. If we move them and sign a guy that can be here for a few years great, but in a vacuum we can't just move those guys unless it's for a good return.

Reactions: MartyOwns

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
You don't trade Wood or Zacha unless you get a substantial upgrade though. Our wings are stacked with talented prospects but no one is a guarantee, even though I think there is a very good chance all three hit, we don't have a quality wing to come in and definitely replace one or both of them. If we move them and sign a guy that can be here for a few years great, but in a vacuum we can't just move those guys unless it's for a good return.

yeah i picked those 2 because in my mind, they give us the best return with the most minimum impact on our team resulting from their departure. especially if we retain.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
yeah i picked those 2 because in my mind, they give us the best return with the most minimum impact on our team resulting from their departure. especially if we retain.
I want Fitz to use his retain trying to steal someone from a team that will lose a guy to expansion casualty hopefully.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well our 6oa and 12oa while they are NHL players neither are impact guys. Zacha is beyond inconsistent. Those guys are two of the main reasons we are as bad as we are in the standings.
I agree with this to an extent. These two picks are like the new Tedenby-Josefson. They’re the Tedenby and Josefson of the 2010’s.

Now, I used to hate when people would compared Zacha to Josefson. I still believe Zacha is MUCH better than Josefson, that’s for sure. I always have. And McLeod is probably a lot better than Tedenby, but the fact that both of these picks were significantly earlier in the draft than the other two, that would place higher standards on the most recent two. Especially Zacha, who was a 6th overall pick.

Zacha is having a pretty good season and hopefully it continues, but he’s really been underwhelming and if we had gotten more up to this point out of what was our second highest pick in almost 25 years, I’d have to think we’d be doing much better.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The Murray, Kuokkanen and Taylor Hall and Blake Coleman deals were all pretty good deals.

While it's too early to tell, the acquisition of Siegenthaler also looks like it will help going forward.

OK, I got it. Just what appears to be a good deal. Less money and terms than the player is worth? Better player than expected? Maybe one that can actually play at a NHL level? How about a player with talent?

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
I agree with this to an extent. These two picks are like the new Tedenby-Josefson. They’re the Tedenby and Josefson of the 2010’s.

Now, I used to hate when people would compared Zacha to Josefson. I still believe Zacha is MUCH better than Josefson, that’s for sure. I always have. And McLeod is probably a lot better than Tedenby, but the fact that both of these picks were significantly earlier in the draft than the other two, that would place higher standards on the most recent two. Especially Zacha, who was a 6th overall pick.

Zacha is having a pretty good season and hopefully it continues, but he’s really been underwhelming and if we had gotten more up to this point out of what was our second highest pick in almost 25 years, I’d have to think we’d be doing much better.
He's also just garbage at 5on5. To his defense I do think we miss handled him. They are also arguablt the main reason our two #1 picks aren't producing more. Imagine replacing those two with either of Meir or Rantanen. Or a defensemen like Chychurun or McAvoy instead. Hindsight I fun haha. Either way I think we are moving in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad