Injury Report: Subban

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
This is the mystery injury I was waiting for with Malcolm unfortunately. I just assumed it would have happened in practice and we wouldn’t have heard about it until Sparks was called up.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

With back-to-back games this weekend, I can understand why Fleury might be rested. Could be they'll be calling up guy who pays Friday in Texas to be backup Saturday in LV. Then recall Ferguson from ECHL to AHL.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
What are the rules with Sparks and DDR? Like Pirri last year, 10 games up and they have to go through waivers again?

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
I assume he is up on emergency recall (don't have 2 healthy goalies) so if it goes to 29 days or 9 games he could then be transferred to a regular recall and get 9 game or 29 more days.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I assume he is up on emergency recall (don't have 2 healthy goalies) so if it goes to 29 days or 9 games he could then be transferred to a regular recall and get 9 game or 29 more days.

Here's a good explanation of that. He made it so simple that even I can almost understand it.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
If he doesn't play and all the stats they have on him is the crap fest he had in the one AHL game this season they have nothing to fear about sending him through waivers again.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Not hopeful

Kinda have to wonder when/if the organization decides to walk away due to injury prone-ness.

I don't think there is a walk away point this year since his contract is up. Only question is do they even bother to try to sign him as a UFA to be a backup? I think they kind of know what they have in Dansk and probably have 80% of an idea of what Sparks is capable of at this point. Maybe the next few weeks with Sparks around with the coaches and maybe a spot start or two will give them a full idea of how to move forward this offseason, but this season will take care of itself.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't think there is a walk away point this year since his contract is up. Only question is do they even bother to try to sign him as a UFA to be a backup? I think they kind of know what they have in Dansk and probably have 80% of an idea of what Sparks is capable of at this point. Maybe the next few weeks with Sparks around with the coaches and maybe a spot start or two will give them a full idea of how to move forward this offseason, but this season will take care of itself.

Subban isn't a UFA at the end of the season.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Subban isn't a UFA at the end of the season.

He's an RFA at the end of this season. VGK could opt to make a qualifying offer or not. If they don't make the offer, he's a UFA. If Sparks doesn't turn heads, they'll probably make the offer.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
He's an RFA at the end of this season. VGK could opt to make a qualifying offer or not. If they don't make the offer, he's a UFA. If Sparks doesn't turn heads, they'll probably make the offer.

Fleury is playing 60 games for the next few years. I think that's their plan. At least Fleury could get over 500 wins and be third place all time. The team will have a tougher time winning those 20 games they throw in whoever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad