SUBBAN.....Why do opposing fans......

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichManitoba

Sep 4, 2009
Madison, WI
I know Subban plays on the edge and is a great talent, but why do fans, in many opposing venues, boo him when he carries the puck? I didn't like him at first b/c of his attitude, but he has grown up. Dude is fun to watch.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I know Subban plays on the edge and is a great talent, but why do fans, in many opposing venues, boo him when he carries the puck? I didn't like him at first b/c of his attitude, but he has grown up. Dude is fun to watch.

They think it might throw him off his game maybe. This is just a thought

PunkinDrublic*

Because people are sheep, jealous and racist. Pretty nasty combination.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Maybe because Montreal fans boo more people for more different reasons than anyone so it's kind of a tit for tat situation.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Exuberant personality, talented, workhorse and often play on the edge will do that. Some people will claim that it's racism and I think that's wrong. Other black players in the league don't get the same treatment. I think this treatment is unjustified. This guy's charismatic and has infinite marketing potential for the sport.

Also, the classless and unrespectful labels he earned from his early years in the NHL managed to follow him for whatever reasons. Some players (let's say Marchand for the sake of the argument) will often use the media to insult and troll. When you read or hear anything from Subban in the media, it's always with respect and humbility.

Last edited:

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Certain places have their "reasons".

Pittsburgh has been booing since the Staal injury.

Philly has been booing since the Richards incident.

And other than that it's most likely a combination of racism and jealousy.

RichManitoba

Sep 4, 2009
Madison, WI
Because you know why and you don't wanna start this talk, eh?
Seriously, I don't know why. If race is an issue (as one suggested) there are many other blacks in the league, they don't get booed. Tons of players live on the edge and are physical, have pretty good celebrations, etc.

EDIT: I guess I'm starting to get it. I thought it was something he said or did that I somehow missed, but I never heard anything.

Last edited:

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Yes yes really. Probably not EVERY team, but many of them, yes.

I've never heard Kopitar or Tavares or Stamkos or Kessel or the Sedins booed religiously.

I can probably list another 10 - 15 top players that don't hear it either.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Yes yes really. Probably not EVERY team, but many of them, yes.
Tell me which city? I watch a lot of games and apart from Montreal I don't know of many other cities that boo the opposing team's best player for the sole reason of being their best player.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Tell me which city? I watch a lot of games and apart from Montreal I don't know of many other cities that boo the opposing team's best player for the sole reason of being their best player.

Crosby gets booed a lot :nod: that's all I can think of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad