Confirmed with Link: Subban to BUF for future considerations

Flahawkfan

Apr 24, 2017
You know how they say "We traded XXXX for a bag of pucks", Future considerations is kinda like an empty puckbag. Hopefully this works out for Malcom and gives him an opportunity.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
You know how they say "We traded XXXX for a bag of pucks", Future considerations is kinda like an empty puckbag. Hopefully this works out for Malcom and gives him an opportunity.
I remember a baseball factoid about a trade for a player to be named later where that guy traded ended up being the player to be named later, so it was the very definition of a nothing trade. The guy’s name was Dickie Noles, or something like that.

Flahawkfan

Apr 24, 2017
Let's hope we don't get Malcom back........... Wouldn't this really be a loan?

The story went kinda like that:

In 1987, Noles became one of only four players in history to be "traded for himself" (Harry Chiti, Brad Gulden, and John McDonald are the other three). Toward the end of the season, Noles was traded from the Cubs to the Detroit Tigers for a player to be named later. 33 days later, after the 1987 season had ended, the teams were unable to agree on what player Chicago would receive, and so Noles was shipped back to the Cubs, completing a deal in which he was traded for himself.[3] Two-and-a-half weeks after that, the Cubs granted Noles free agency. He signed with Baltimore for the 1988 season, but only appeared in two games for them. Noles finished his career with a single game for the 1990 Philadelphia Phillies.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I remember a baseball factoid about a trade for a player to be named later where that guy traded ended up being the player to be named later, so it was the very definition of a nothing trade. The guy’s name was Dickie Noles, or something like that.

Nice call, I forgot about that, but Dickie Noles was indeed traded for himself.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Dallas Green, the GM of the Cubs, when they traded for Dickie Noles referred to him as "a gamer".....that's good in hockey, but not for a baseball pitcher:)

Reactions: coolhand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad