Subban scores from Centre Ice

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Its actually a very good play to try once and a while, when a guy can shoot it 90+MPH that puck comes at you remarkably quick if you're not quite ready for it.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Wish players did that more, but not everyone has a shot like Subban. He actually does this play a lot more frequently than it looks.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Canucks had a good start to the season but seems like they're reverting to what was predicted of them, scoring from centre ice is never good.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I'm actually surprised this isn't tried more often. Goaltenders are getting better it seems at handling the puck. Those speedy, bouncing pucks do some strange things.

I'd like to see more faking like it's going to be a rimmer but instead shoot on goal to keep the goalies honest. I remember Cory Stillman scoring a goal on that and I am sure there were others.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
I feel like Subban scores at least one center ice goal per season. Shoot at the net and things might happen. Bad play by Nilsson though, put the body in front of it... or if it's going wide maybe don't try to glove it? :D

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Hope the Canucks get the 1st overall. With Horvat they are an OK team that can work hard and gut out some wins. Without Horvat they are kind of the worst team in the NHL.

MajorLeafsFan

Jul 19, 2017
This is, what, the third time Subban has scored from center? I seem to remember him doing it with the Canadiens in '13 or '14.
Also, his other goal was pretty strange too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00