Post-Game Talk: Stupid shootouts! Jets battle to earn a point in Beantown 2-1 SO Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave512

Apr 10, 2012
Albany NY
Overall, a much better effort than Saturday. But yeah, 1/10 on the power play is not gonna cut it. Even had 2 different 4 on 3s and couldn't put one home. Disappointing, but glad we got 1 point out of it. Caps tomorrow!

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Much better effort today than Saturday, I'm pleased with just getting a point, although a win would have been much better. Also Jokinen should never take part in a shootout ever again, unless he absolutely has to and there's no one left. Oh and Paul Postma needs to stop hitting posts, just because he has post in his name doesn't mean he has to aim for them.

Pavs is really bad at SO,

I remember him getting a little better at it near the end of last season, but he seems to have reverted to his old self.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Overall, a much better effort than Saturday. But yeah, 1/10 on the power play is not gonna cut it. Even had 2 different 4 on 3s and couldn't put one home. Disappointing, but glad we got 1 point out of it. Caps tomorrow!

The worst part is that Antro was standing all alone in front and we couldn't get puck through.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Missed the game. What was the overall consensus?

Did we do better than on Saturday?

Was it more exciting game-wise?

Who fared well/improved from last game/did worse/didn't fare well overall?

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Pavelec, shootout aside, had a pretty solid game. Powerplays are still a majour issue, those 4 on 3's were just a nightmare to watch, Enstrom should stop playing around with the puck so much at the blueline.

Still not impressed with Kane. He had one huge giveaway in the third, no look passed it right in front of our net.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Tomorrow feels like trouble to me.
Back to back games with travel, and this game going to OT.
We might feel good about our effort, but our legs might be gone.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
When you get 2 PP's late in a tie you have to at least generate some damned shots.

Seriously. We have the personnel. You need to work the puck down low in order to open up that point shot. The guys are telegraphing their intent right now. Anyone who doesn't know they want Buff to one time it have never seen this team.

Try to exploit their box below the hash marks... that should spread them out.

That sounded so dirty.

AndersUlfBobby

Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1
May 24, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Encouraged by the Jets play today. Hope they can now put an end to the back-to-back crap from last year. Let's see the same effort in Washington tomorrow.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Thought Scheifele played well, wonder what the scheff haters have to say today:shakehead

Ton of posts

Clitsome, Hainsey, Postma better, Postma can really fire the puck.

LLW time to step up.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg

I agree, The PP could have definitely won this game. After the wsh game they better be working on that. Not many days off during this season to work on it.

Puckschmuck*

I HATE losing games this way. Unfortunately, Pavs is really bad in shootouts. I'm guessing it's the one on one pressure. He will need to improve on that bigtime.

As for the rest of the game, he stood on his head and was the real reason we even made it to overtime.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Missed the game. What was the overall consensus?

Did we do better than on Saturday?

Was it more exciting game-wise?

Who fared well/improved from last game/did worse/didn't fare well overall?

Better effort and yeah more exciting. Pavelec was much improved from last game but he was terrible in the shootout, our defense was also better overall. Blake Wheeler is still invisible out there.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Was Welly really hurt or did he get benched? Scheif is playing good with limited ice but he'll still be sent back IMO.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
When you get 2 PP's late in a tie you have to at least generate some damned shots.

Seriously. We have the personnel. You need to work the puck down low in order to open up that point shot. The guys are telegraphing their intent right now. Anyone who doesn't know they want Buff to one time it have never seen this team.

Evander Kane. He screwed up the PP late in the game and in OT. Can't make simple passes, no vision to see the open man, etc just not a PP player.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind

That sounded so dirty.

So you want them to spread their box out?

Interesting concept ;)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I HATE losing games this way. Unfortunately, Pavs is really bad in shootouts. I'm guessing it's the one on one pressure. He will need to improve on that bigtime.

As for the rest of the game, he stood on his head and was the real reason we even made it to overtime.

Nah, it's his style. Pavelec is more of a positional goalie. Athletic goalies ie Quick, Garon, Thomas. etc are great in shootouts, positional guys like Pavelec, Bernier, Nabokov, etc are terrible in shootouts. That's just the way it works, generally.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
PP - Needs to be much better. Not sure why our coaching didn't mix things up when it was clear that the system wasn't working.

Scheifele looked good but didn't get anywhere near enough ice time. I thought him and Burmie looked good together in the shifts they played, but I thought both got the short end of the stick at the end of the third.

Kane- Excellent game outside the tournover. This is the way he needs to play to turn into a legit super star in this league, more so than any other game last year I saw him look to pass the puck. Not only that but he was moving it effectively and was moving into space well all game.

Oli and Poni both had strong games and are starting to fit in better.

Postma had a much stronger game and congrats for his first point. He has a deadly shot for the point.

Little played well but both Ladd and Wheeler were non existent.

Coaching staff gets a poor grade from me. Noel simply put needs to do better. Continually played the vets (Ladd and Wheeler) who were stinking up the joint over young players who were playing well in Scheifele and Burmie who imo earned more icetime. If he's not prepared to put our young players in positions to succeed then he needs to go. I also thought the pp was horrendously coached today, no flow and once again the coach trotted out players who weren't getting it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad