Post-Game Talk: Stupid Goal Reviews Make Cor Go Something Something! | Leafs Lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
The first 10 minutes, the first penalty by Carrick and the first goal cost them the game.

Last season they came ready, scored first and put pressure on the other team to open their game up and take risks. This year, they seem to think that they're too good to come ready.

member 262271

I've been a defender of Hyman, but his inability to have his stick in any other position, whatever the reason was, turned out to be a real heartbreaker. When video review came in I dreaded moments like this happening.

Reactions: leospaceman3434

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Leafs got a raw deal on no goal call. How can anyone reverse that goal? Two things:

1) Hyman had 2 defenseman draped all over him in a sandwich that prevented him from not making his stick strike or interfere with goalie.

2) Goalie had 5 Mississippi's to get back into the play and establish himself.

This being said, the Leafs played no where close to their potential. And still had an opportunity to gain a win or at least a point. This is a sign of a good team. We were robbed, probably Bettman on the other side of the line with refs. Arizona needs all the help they can get and so does Bettman considering he is the only one that wanted a team there.

Horrible call, nothing we can do. Move on to the next one boys.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Leafs were terrible. Everyone thought Matthews would play good in his 100th game vs his former team. That's cute. Although matthews is still rusty it was clear where his heart belongs. Trading him to the Yotes would be beneficial to us for many ways, with the main asking piece OEL and Max Domi, who both scored last night mind you. Add a first a you have Lou listening. We don't need another C coming back because, for now we have Marleau and we are signing Tavares July 1st. Stop getting stuck on one player and realize what could help our team. #tradematthews.

- OFC this is my own opinion :)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leafs were terrible. Everyone thought Matthews would play good in his 100th game vs his former team. That's cute. Although matthews is still rusty it was clear where his heart belongs. Trading him to the Yotes would be beneficial to us for many ways, with the main asking piece OEL and Max Domi, who both scored last night mind you. Add a first a you have Lou listening. We don't need another C coming back because, for now we have Marleau and we are signing Tavares July 1st. Stop getting stuck on one player and realize what could help our team. #tradematthews.

:laugh: Nice parody.

Reactions: BillDerlago

member 262271

I forgot to mention, nhl.com froze right when the ref said "the call on the ice is reversed" and Matthews' face fell. I then proceeded to close the laptop and walk away.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Think you're right. Been a nice long stretch now, good to see.
yeah he got going right as the team fell off, and he was bad at the start while the team was going well. I wish we could get hot goaltending and strong work from the team at the same time, but it's hard to complain about our record

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
yeah he got going right as the team fell off, and he was bad at the start while the team was going well. I wish we could get hot goaltending and strong work from the team at the same time, but it's hard to complain about our record
Funny how things normally don't jive like that.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Agree more or less with the grades and especially with the first part. Like the Quick no goal a few weeks ago, how long does the keeper have? Could you imagine the Cup winning goal getting called off because of one of these? I'm all for making sure keepers arnt interfered with but I'm not sure this way is going to work.

and speaking of goalie interference....

thats not goalie interference at all. andersen tried to box him out and got hit because the player was trying to squeeze through. if anything, its interference on andersen

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Leafs got a raw deal on no goal call. How can anyone reverse that goal? Two things:

1) Hyman had 2 defenseman draped all over him in a sandwich that prevented him from not making his stick strike or interfere with goalie.

2) Goalie had 5 Mississippi's to get back into the play and establish himself.

This being said, the Leafs played no where close to their potential. And still had an opportunity to gain a win or at least a point. This is a sign of a good team. We were robbed, probably Bettman on the other side of the line with refs. Arizona needs all the help they can get and so does Bettman considering he is the only one that wanted a team there.

Horrible call, nothing we can do. Move on to the next one boys.

This was my take on the call as well. We shouldn't have been in the position to let that decide the game though.

Arizona is not nearly as bad as their record indicates, but that's a game we have to win at home.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

He likely isnt going to stay as a top 3 goalie, but his numbers will probably be somewhere at .915-.917 which is fine by me.

Reactions: Menzinger

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I noticed the coyotes avoid a lot of forward pressure last night .... did they play zone D / trap last night ?

Feels like they did.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017

looking at it again, he was obviously pushed in by the Coyotes players. Garbage reffing but what can you do

He was on his KNEES to start the play, he made it over to hug the left post, he left the post because he lost the angle on the shot. Totally reset blown by the refs. Watch his shoulder on the left post.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I only saw the replay but didn't they call it a goal on the ice?

I don't know how it could be undisputed that he interfered ... But that's just my opinion

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I only saw the replay but didn't they call it a goal on the ice?

I don't know how it could be undisputed that he interfered ... But that's just my opinion
Yes, it was initially a goal and then over turned.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I thought the Leafs might lead the league in penalties.

upload_2017-11-21_14-16-29.png

not really !

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Welcome to ignore. This is such a ridiculous hot-take it's ridiculous. I guess we shut down McDavid with Kadri because his heart was here, and that 8 year extension he just signed is just to mislead people..........

Matthews will be king of Toronto. He goes back to Arizona, he'll fall way behind Paul Goldschmidt and Larry Fitzgerald.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017

As ridiculous as this post is, you are entitled to your own opinion.

But to cross you, I will state OEL will leave Arizona next summer as a UFA with potential of coming to Toronto in free agency. And Domi has done nothing with Arizona since the first two months of his rookie campaign. To top it off, I have it on good sources...Domi is coming to Toronto as a FA when he becomes unrestricted. He has no intent to resign with Arizona or where ever else he is traded. His heart is in Toronto, wants to finish his career where his father did wearing his fathers number. Always has been his dream. He also wants to be closer to his home away from home, SickKids. He has a very strong affiliation with them being a type 1 Diabetes patient. He spends a lot of his spare time there, and wants to give back to them.

So you see, aside from your pipe dream of trading arguably a player that has the potential to be the best player in the NHL. What you suggest we get in return is not needed when the Leafs will have both of these players for free when they are really contending for a cup a couple if years down the road.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
As ridiculous as this post is, you are entitled to your own opinion.

But to cross you, I will state OEL will leave Arizona next summer as a UFA with potential of coming to Toronto in free agency. And Domi has done nothing with Arizona since the first two months of his rookie campaign. To top it off, I have it on good sources...Domi is coming to Toronto as a FA when he becomes unrestricted. He has no intent to resign with Arizona or where ever else he is traded. His heart is in Toronto, wants to finish his career where his father did wearing his fathers number. Always has been his dream. He also wants to be closer to his home away from home, SickKids. He has a very strong affiliation with them being a type 1 Diabetes patient. He spends a lot of his spare time there, and wants to give back to them.

So you see, aside from your pipe dream of trading arguably a player that has the potential to be the best player in the NHL. What you suggest we get in return is not needed when the Leafs will have both of these players for free when they are really contending for a cup a couple if years down the road.
God lets hope not. One Domi was already too many in this franchises history.

Reactions: barilko05
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad