Stuff You Wish They'd Put Out On DVD

johnnycanuck

Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver
I don't think it's unfeasible to think that made-to-order DVDs, or digital downloads of any game are that far away.

The NHL Vault at NHL.com has some really great games on streaming, dating back to the 60s. The other night I watched the New Year's Eve 1975 game between the Habs and CSKA Moscow. That was a killer game. I threw it up on my TV, but the only gripe I have is that you can't go completely full-screen, or at least I can't figure out how to.

But wow, what a game.

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Speaking about hockey DVDs.. hey guys. What are the hockey DVDs that are commonly found in stores? I'm a diehard for hockey history and a huge collector, so I want to get as many "real" hockey collections as I can get my hands on. By real I mean official sets that I can actually find, not bootleg things from small online stores.

I have:

-Many of the Greatest Games boxsets. I'll get all of them eventually
-Best of Bobby Orr
-Best of Gretzky
-Canada Cup 87
-2010 Olympics
-Canada World Junior Collection
-Crosby's DVD
-Ovechkin's DVD
-All the Don Cherry's

What are some other official sets that I should get myself as a present (For others to give me, of course) for Christmas? In particular, the Legends of Hockey set. Is that worth a purchase?

joe_shannon_1983*

I would like a DVD set, containing all 6 of Team Canada's games at the 2002 Olympics.

Canada vs. Sweden
Canada vs. Germany
Canada vs. Czech Republic
Canada vs. Finland
Canada vs. Belarus
Canada vs. U.S.A.

They released a 2010 one already. I want a 2002 one as well, so both of Canada's Gold Medal runs can be available.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
This is easy to put together and easy money for NHL and easy decision for me:

The introduction videos of NHL. Doesn't really matter what games (players are often different), but say for example season openers. I've once seen the Avalanche intro where the puck was shot into mountains launching an Avalanche and that video is the one thing I miss the most from an NHL game. I'm ready to pay well for anyone sending me a copy of that video. And I'm not talking about shaking YouTube cellphone video where you see nothing, but that actual video file.

scribe114

Jul 12, 2005
Detroit, Michigan
Stanley Cup Finals Highlight Videos for each year from 46-47 to present.

If MLB can do all of the World Series (Which I have) and the NFL can do the Super Bowl the NHL can get on board with this too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad