Stuetzle vs Byfield

Which of these prospects do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I was team Stutzle pre draft and I'm even more so now, he's just so electric. But Byfield is a fine prospect and will be a good player for the Kings I have no doubts.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Results are going to be really off due to WJC performances. I don’t think you all should be looking into that as much. We always knew Byfield would be a project, it’s his potential that is crazy high, not his current skills. Consider that.

I’m saying Stuetzle because Sens already basically have a Byfield project in Brown (Obviously ik Brown won’t be anywhere near the player Byfield will be)

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Its all opinion at this point, nothing more. Ive seen drysdale play many times (actually know one of his former teammates). Imo hes an elite dman.

Not saying he's not, I'm just saying I think Stuetzle is a better bet to be a top 10 center in the league than Drysdale is to be a Top 10 D.

Both are great prospects, I just don't see Drysdale being better at this point.

If Byfield keeps trending this way though, I think you're gonna see a lot of people start suggesting he should've gone lower than even just #3.

Reactions: ujju2

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Byfield definitely looks more like a project than Stutzle. So while I'm sure Stutzle starts out his career better there's a chance that Byfield could be the better player 4/5 years down the line because he really does have some nutty traits that you can't tezch.

But I was a Stutzle guy pre draft and think that he's a safer bet that will still hit a crazy high level of player.

Reactions: deflowd

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Not saying he's not, I'm just saying I think Stuetzle is a better bet to be a top 10 center in the league than Drysdale is to be a Top 10 D.

If Byfield keeps trending this way though, I think you're gonna see a lot of people start suggesting he should've gone lower than even just #3.

Bro, I suggested that if Byfield were 6'1" instead of 6'4" he'd be picked outside of the top 10 last season and got flamed out of a few threads. Tread lightly!

Reactions: Luckylarry

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Stützles dekes and rushes wont work nearly as much against NHL defenders than they do against junior players who may not even end up having a long pro career. I am not saying he cant have the better career but the stock that people are putting in some meaningless WJC games is ridiculous.

Reactions: tbrown33

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

Top 10 centre in the league?!?!?! Are you kidding? Thats highly doubtful. List the young centres and prospects and thats almost zero chance.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Stützles dekes and rushes wont work nearly as much against NHL defenders than they do against junior players who may not even end up having a long pro career. I am not saying he cant have the better career but the stock that people are putting in some meaningless WJC games is ridiculous.

It's not about dekes and rushes it's about how Stuetzle pushes the play anytime he's on the ice. If there's anything that won't translate to the NHL between these two players it's the way Byfield imposes his game against teenagers in the OHL.

Reactions: Luckylarry

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
Top 10 centre in the league?!?!?! Are you kidding? Thats highly doubtful. List the young centres and prospects and thats almost zero chance.
I like how you zoned in on the top 10 center part of the post but took no issue with the top 10 D portion. Neither can be projected as that right now but I'm not surprised to see you voting against the sens player.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I like how you zoned in on the top 10 center part of the post but took no issue with the top 10 D portion. Neither can be projected as that right now but I'm not surprised to see you voting against the sens player.

Are you really that bent out of shape id take the best dman in the draft at 2? Dont be so triggered.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
It's not about dekes and rushes it's about how Stuetzle pushes the play anytime he's on the ice. If there's anything that won't translate to the NHL between these two players it's the way Byfield imposes his game against teenagers in the OHL.

I am not saying his play cant translate but dominating in the WJC doesnt make you a surefire superstar as many examples have proven over the years. On the other hand struggeling in this tournament doesnt mean you are not on a good track career wise. But this is exactly what some people on this forum are reading into every good or bad play from either player.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
After watching Stuetzle's rise and Seider the year before, you've gotta wonder when teams stop sleeping on DEL prospects.
Dont you think you should wait until some actually become good NHL players before making comments like this?

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
Are you really that bent out of shape id take the best dman in the draft at 2? Dont be so triggered.
I didn't say I was bent out of shape but whatever makes you feel better. That's your opinion and that's fine, though you'd be in the overwhelming minority as you usually are whenever comparisons involving sens prospects/players are involved. Maybe one of these times you'll be right.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

What makes dekes work is the quality of their skating. I think Stuetzles skating is excellent. I think the dekes will work because people will have to respect his ability to change direction and make sudden turns. I also think he'll draw a lot of penalties for this reason.

It obviously will work to a lesser extent because the players in the NHL are smarter, stronger, and faster. But I think guys who can do this stuff are able to do it because the defense has to respect their skating. And I think with Stuetzle, there's no problem there.

He's not some skillsy 5'10 player who only dekes and lacks the speed/strength/balance to back it up.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I am not saying his play cant translate but dominating in the WJC doesnt make you a surefire superstar as many examples have proven over the years. On the other hand struggeling in this tournament doesnt mean you are not on a good track career wise. But this is exactly what some people on this forum are reading into every good or bad play from either player.

Who exactly are you arguing against here? Everyone knows this.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Dont you think you should wait until some actually become good NHL players before making comments like this?

Interesting comment coming from the guy who says Drysdale should've been #2OA, considering outside Raymond, none of the guys drafted above him played any hockey since the draft, up until last week...

Reactions: Blacephalon

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Interesting comment coming from the guy who says Drysdale should've been #2OA, considering outside Raymond, none of the guys drafted above him played any hockey since the draft, up until last week...
Youre making comments about ignoring an entire league because of what its producing. It hasnt produced anything yet...

Sort of different than recognizing a top prospect.... in comparison to other prospects. Drysdale isnt in the nhl yet either, youre right. None of them are.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Youre making comments about ignoring an entire league because of what its producing. It hasnt produced anything yet...

Sort of different than recognizing a top prospect.... in comparison to other prospects. Drysdale isnt in the nhl yet either, youre right. None of them are.

The trolling attempts are funny.

"Drysdale should've gone 2nd overall."

"You're crazy for suggesting Seider and Stutzle are reasons to stop sleeping on the DEL."

Thanks for the laugh, bud.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
The trolling attempts are funny.

"Drysdale should've gone 2nd overall."

"You're crazy for suggesting Seider and Stutzle are reasons to stop sleeping on the DEL."

Thanks for the laugh, bud.

Are scouts sleeping on the DEL though? Seider went 6th overall and Stuetzle just went 3rd.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

They worked for Kessel against Ottawa. Literally what he would do...gather speed through the neutral zone, dangle a guy at the Blueline to get in tight and then rip one home. Why you think it can't work at the NHL level for the ultra talented is beyond me. That's literally how a lot of star players get their points. On the rush with skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad