Study: identical twins - vegan vs meat/diary diet

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

More proof vegan is healthier

“To be honest, twins on the vegan diet had less satisfaction because it was so restrictive. So, there’s certainly the flip side of this: ‘Oh, I could have eaten more, but I just wasn’t hungry for more grains and more vegetables.”

Sounds fun.

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
there is plenty of good food once you know what you are doing. The worst part is not just being one of the guys when you go out.

as far as health, though - 'vegan' can be done really improperly, and one can eat very healthy while including some animal products, imo.

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Sounds fun.
Also from the article:

“I feel like a lot of people who do a vegan diet think ‘Oh great, soda is vegan. Pancakes are vegan.’ No, they are refined ultraprocessed grains,” Gardner said. “So, we tried to get a healthy vegan diet and show them quickly what that was for four weeks.”

The meat and veggie group also had meals delivered that were a step up from their normal fare.

Sounds like the guy is a health food nazi, and you have to wonder exactly what he was feeding them that they'd eat less just because they're sick of it or whatever. Like yes if some pancakes are made with no animal products, that's vegan. Sounds like he did the same with the 'meat & veges' meals, but even a health food version of that is going to be more like what regular people are used to eating.

Vegan food can be plenty tasteful, and it can also be junk food either as a specifically vegan product or just regular non-dairy junk food like a bag of chips. Really the biggest challenge with the North American diet is that so much of the meal has meat as the center piece that if you simply remove it you are now lacking in taste and nutrition.

Like say you have a chicken caesar salad at a restaurant, and for vegan they simply replace the chicken with an avocado, that's no longer a balanced meal. You kind of have to rethink the whole process to make it work vegan, but it's doable. In this case one of my go to summer salads is a caeser that uses cashews, chickpeas, hemp seeds, and nutritional yeast, that's a perfectly balanced meal and I'd put it up against anything you could get a restaurant meat or otherwise.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
There's plenty of room on this Earth for vegans as well as meat/dairy consumers. All vegans & vegan-wannabees: Please report to the Mid-Atlantic Ridge and wait for further instructions. Thank you ...

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
What about Vogons?
“They are one of the most unpleasant races in the galaxy - not actually evil, but bad tempered, bureaucratic, officious and callous. They wouldn't even lift a finger to save their own grandmothers from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal without an order, signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters. If you want to get a lift from a Vogon, forget it. They are vile and ill-tempered. If you want to get a drink from a Vogon, stick your finger down his throat. If you want to annoy a Vogon, feed his grandmother to the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.” ― Douglas Adams

Reactions: PredsV82

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad