Stuart Skinner worst playoff sv% since Cloutier.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I look at this as the easiest decision a HC can make. We know for a fact Vancouver owns Skinner. He is going to give up at least three goals. We don't know for sure this backup will be lit up. Maybe he gives you average goaltending. There is literally no downside to starting Pickard.

Skinner should not see the net this series again barring injury.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Every fanbase needs a scapegoat when their team loses and the goalie and coach are the two easiest targets.
Has Skinner been terrible? Yes.
But he’s not the only one.
How’s the Oilers vaunted additional depth doing?
How about Ceci-Nurse?
Even McDavid who feasted on LA had zero shots in the first game and no points in the third game despite playing half the game.
You can afford to bench Skinner. The backup could not possibly be worse. Maybe he only gives up two goals. Maybe he gives up five. But we know who Skinner is.

Same thing here. Would AHL guys be any worse? Worst case scenario is they are just as bad and it's breaking even seto speak.

Ceci/Nurse need to see the press box or be on the third pair.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
It’s not like the coach has a lot of good options. Skinner, Pickard and Campbell.

It's not like the coach can throw the skaters playing bad defense infront of the goalie under the bus.

Goalies can be replaced, but you don't have 10 other players you can dress.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
None of the Oiler goalies have played well this season against the Canucks. We will see what happens tonight.
Well I can't imagine Pickard can be worse then what Skinner has been these whole playoffs and honestly I didn't think Skinner was even that great for a lot of the regular season either.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Plus Brown’s bonus of $2 million next year whether he plays or not.
And Drai is entering the final year of his current contract. Serious issues coming EDM way this summer. This could very well be the last kick at it for EDM and the McDavid/Drai duo.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
And Drai is entering the final year of his current contract. Serious issues coming EDM way this summer. This could very well be the last kick at it for EDM and the McDavid/Drai duo.
THANK YOU, MR. HOLLAND/CHIARELLI

Can't wait to fall into irrelevancy again.
It was a fun few years.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth

It was a fun few years.

Fun but sad. There has been a lot of season success but no playoff success whatsoever. Can't believe we're almost a decade into the McDavid/Drai duo and goaltending is still a major issue. What a wasted 1-2 punch.

Reactions: Coffey

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017

It was a fun few years.
I am disappointed in some of the things Holland has done but he has done some good things too, maybe not enough good things though. It will be interesting to see what the new GM is able to accomplish. Obviously goaltending will have to be a focus this offseason. Who knows if they can extend Draisaitl. If not, that could change things up quite a bit as well.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
:baghead:

Eh... More successful than 66% of the league.

Oilers are top 10 in playoff wins in the last 5 years.

No offense intended, but how many Conference finals have they been to? How many cups? Playoff winning % means jack shit.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Edmonton keeps going thru goalie after goalie after goalie - saying they are the worst and they are the reason why Edmonton lose. Smith, Campbell, Skinner, Talbot...

Do you ever wonder if it's something else?...

1715700830915.png

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
No offense intended, but how many Conference finals have they been to? How many cups? Playoff winning % means jack shit.
Lost to 2 previous stanley cup champs. The last year champs said we were their toughest matchup. That's gotta mean something

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Edmonton keeps going thru goalie after goalie after goalie - saying they are the worst and they are the reason why Edmonton lose. Smith, Campbell, Skinner, Talbot...

Do you ever wonder if it's something else?...

View attachment 870575
Nurse at like $5M is just fine.

The problem is how much he’s paid. Just so much wasted cap space on that roster

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
If the Oilers even had adequate goaltending in Game 3, they are winning that game. Canucks scored 3 early goals and then did absolutely nothing aside from a powerplay insurance marker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad