Streets of Rage 4

member 157595

Streets of Rage as in THE Streets of Rage, from back in the day?

Holy crap I actually want a video game made (well, to be made) after the 1990's. Fanboying my ass off right now, but it better be good because the original games, especially the 2nd one, were legendary.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Max Thunder was the Haggar knock off in SoR 2.

Wasn't a huge fan or SoR 3, and can't remember if I played 1, but 2 was a really good FF copy for the Genesis.

3 had a robot scientist old guy with electric powers, a kid on rollerblades, and a boxing kangaroo, what more could you want!?! :sarcasm:

member 157595

Max Thunder was the Haggar knock off in SoR 2.

Wasn't a huge fan or SoR 3, and can't remember if I played 1, but 2 was a really good FF copy for the Genesis.

SOR3 is pretty difficult, at least the North American version is anyways (I've heard the Japanese original is easier but have never played it.)

Personally, I will take SOR2 over any of the Final Fight SNES console ports. It's definitely one of the best beat-em-ups of all time.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Streets of Rage as in THE Streets of Rage, from back in the day?

Holy crap I actually want a video game made (well, to be made) after the 1990's. Fanboying my ass off right now, but it better be good because the original games, especially the 2nd one, were legendary.

I'm right there with ya.

I just made a mobile game Kung Fu Z based off of my love for River City Ransom for mobile...It's the closest I could get with making a retro style game but monetized for today's mobile environment. SoR was also very much an inspiration as was SF2.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I hope they really modernize the gameplay and progression and its not just the old Street of Rage but now with paralax scrolling in the background.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Pretty cool to see this, I only had Streets of Rage 2 growing up but I played the hell out of it. I knew other people with 1 & 3 so I've played them all but only ever beat 2. This could definitely make me relive my childhood a bit but I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic. Too many times we've seen games like this come out and suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad