Streaming with Rogers

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
im looking into their streaming service and for $179 for the season, it seems like most Jets games are going to be blacked out. Anybody have this service? Is it worth it?

I don’t have cable anymore so I’d like to figure out how to watch the Jets without having to go back to Shaw or MTS

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
im looking into their streaming service and for $179 for the season, it seems like most Jets games are going to be blacked out. Anybody have this service? Is it worth it?

I don’t have cable anymore so I’d like to figure out how to watch the Jets without having to go back to Shaw or MTS

There is also a 25% discount code going around but after they cancelled my subscription that I thought was part of my share everything phone plan I will not pay for it from Rogers. If you live in the Jets viewing area all home games will be blocked until 24 hours after puck drop.

It was a nice service for me to watch games from around the league not involving the Jets. So, yes if you are looking to watch afternoon games, late night games and other teams around the league its really good. I streamed from my phone through my chromecast and Ps4 to watch on Tvs around the house.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
You could get the TSN Direct service without getting cable although I'm not sure if the games would be blacked out there. Canada is very odd for streaming online vs cable tv rights.

Not sure about Sportsnet. You could probably get the games on CBC streamed for free on Saturdays but not the ones that are on Sportsnet

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011

Find a friend who has sports net and tsn use Apple TV or comparable and download the tsn and sports net apps and enter their sign in info.Maybe throw them a few bucks it works really good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
.Nhl Game Center is good but you will need to use a hidden VPN to get all the games.
I don't want to support a product that's intentionally crippled and useless in this market. The sooner the league (and other sports leagues) get the message that people are willing to pay if you offer a legitimate convenient service, the sooner cable will finally die.

How long is that NHL TV contract in Canada again?

Reactions: Channelcat

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I had it when it was free with a Rogers cell phone contract, but then they took it away because reasons. I'm not paying them $200 for the privilege of having what was originally free for me.

That said, the service is spotty as f*** at times, and is always up to 1 1/2 minutes behind live TV action.

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't understand how they cancelled this for only some customers (free when you sign a 2 year contract).
Mine hasn't been cancelled but my friends has. My father's hasn't been cancelled either and he's been with Rogers for 20+ years.
Does anyone know why some of us still have the service while others do not?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I don't understand how they cancelled this for only some customers (free when you sign a 2 year contract).
Mine hasn't been cancelled but my friends has. My father's hasn't been cancelled either and he's been with Rogers for 20+ years.
Does anyone know why some of us still have the service while others do not?

Call Rogers and ask. Probably just an oversight on their part. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad