Streaming tips

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Be funny, if you aren't funny n1curr basically. Unless you're a really elite competitive player at something anyway.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Be funny or be good or give away stuff or be a hot chick.

Preferably more than one of these.

Sep 19, 2008
Endless promote your channel and insist people "rate review and subscribe"

If you just want to stream without giving a damn just stream. I stream my PS four sometimes and due to promotion on hf i get about ten viewers at most. I'm awful though and lounge keeps telling me that

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Any tips for streaming games?

I don't expect to get famous. I just want to play games and if by chance 100 enjoy it then that's great.

Be yourself and try not to pimp the "like comment subscribe" ********. Just be chill and fun. Honestly, if you're not that naturally funny don't try and just make jokes to look funny. People see through it. Be authentic.

And yeah, try to talk to your subs/viewers.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Be consistent and stream a lot. It takes a lot of time investment and consistency to get viewers. If people know when you're going to be on they are more likely to come back. Just popping in at random unannounced times means you'll never get repeat people.

And don't worry about the number of viewers you have. A lot of people are streaming on twitch. Very few of them get viewers. Even 100 can be an accomplishment. Just have fun and act natural. The views may or may not follow.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Any tips for streaming games?

I don't expect to get famous. I just want to play games and if by chance 100 enjoy it then that's great.

That's a good start, most people now-a-days only start streaming to try to make money.

Relax, be yourself, interact with chat, don't worry about the view count, and have fun. If you don't have any viewers (and it's likely you'll jump between 0 and 10 for a while) just keep talking to yourself (and people in your game if you're playing a multiplayer game) if you have to. Not many people enjoy watching someone who isn't having fun and never talks. And don't call out people who are lurking in your channel, people sometimes just want to watch a stream.

Also, be sure to test out all your stuff to make sure it works properly and that your mic/game volume isn't too loud/quiet.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
That's a good start, most people now-a-days only start streaming to try to make money.

Relax, be yourself, interact with chat, don't worry about the view count, and have fun. If you don't have any viewers (and it's likely you'll jump between 0 and 10 for a while) just keep talking to yourself (and people in your game if you're playing a multiplayer game) if you have to. Not many people enjoy watching someone who isn't having fun and never talks. And don't call out people who are lurking in your channel, people sometimes just want to watch a stream.

Also, be sure to test out all your stuff to make sure it works properly and that your mic/game volume isn't too loud/quiet.

I had a couple friends watching my stream. Something about my mic sounding like I'm echoing. A better headset would fix or a yeti haha (I'm not getting one)

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I have given streaming a thought, but I am nervous as hell about it.

I would just say to be yourself and don't try to be someone that you're not.

What's there to be nervous about really? Starting out you'll just get single digit viewers if any and if they don't like what is happening they'll just shift on to another stream.

Worst case you'll get some smart ass comment in the chat which happens to everyone because internet.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
What's there to be nervous about really? Starting out you'll just get single digit viewers if any and if they don't like what is happening they'll just shift on to another stream.

Worst case you'll get some smart ass comment in the chat which happens to everyone because internet.

I get nervous about a lot of things that normal people wouldn't be nervous about. I don't know why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad