Streaming services for football

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I'm not sure if a similar topic has been started in months past, so forgive me if this is not a new topic. I've been wondering what the best legal streaming service, or combination of services, would be to watch UEFA, CONMEBOL, and WC qualifiers and WC finals matches for a fan in the US. I originally planned on FUBO TV but then saw that Fox Soccer Match Pass became available for my platform (Amazon Fire TV/Fire Stick). Unfortunately, after being quite happy with FSMP for the first week or so, Fox announced that this app would no longer carry WC finals matches as was previously advertised. Worse than that, the app simply stopped launching on all my Fire TV devices for the last four days. After force-stopping the app on all devices, trying to launch it again, un-installing and re-installing the app, contacting FSMP and getting a woefully useless response (and no response at all to follow up contacts), I have given up and demanded a full refund.

I don't know what the result will be, but I want to start looking for an alternative streaming service now and avoid any possible temptation to stay with FSMP. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Jan 3, 2012
I think Dazn is not yet in the states, so that might not be an option for you, but in Canada it is worth looking into. I've struggled with the same issue in that I watched a lot of sports (golf, soccer, nba, plus most other sports during big events or playoffs) and there is no good option for high quality legal streams. I would happily may $20 a month for an app or site that had every sport live streamed.

The problem is that cable companies won't let you get something cheap, and I'm not paying 85 dollars a month for something I'll only use 4 channels of, and I don't even have a TV, only a laptop. Its a pain, but I'm basically forced to find streams online for the sports I watch because there is no good alternative.

I would recommend the subreddit r/soccerstreams.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I've heard FUBO.TV has the best sports selection, although I haven't checked on the WC stuff.

Personally I use youtube.tv, and I know you can add on fox soccer plus which should give you everything. Should be available on all devices. I think total cost would be $50/month with the FSP addon although that also includes basically a full cable channel lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad