Post-Game Talk: Streakbusters! Jets win 3-2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
The biggest skill set of Buff on forward is how tenacious he is on the puck in the offensive zone. Very rarely do you see anyone strip Buff of the puck while he's in there and against the boards.

I also believe he did a very good job yesterday.

ATHF

行くジェット移動 !!
Jan 13, 2010
What a fun game for my first time seeing the Jets since 96! Great game by Pavs and our D did a pretty decent job at keeping the Ducks to the outside and a tremendous job at blocking shots.

Section had some Jets fans in it but I think I did the most cheering (even had a Ducks fan yell at me to shut the _____ up after Kaner's shorty). Huge, HUGE "True North that made me proud to be there. Met former UFC fighter Krzysztof Soszyński (also starred in the Kevin James MMA movie) in the concourse after the first period, great down-to-earth guy and had good ten minute convo before heading back to my seat.

After the game outside the HC, there were lots of shouts, cheers and high-fives from fellow Jets fans and at one point I got about 20-30 people in Jets gear that walked up on me and my fiance chanting Go Jets Go.

Best first game back ever!

Last edited:

Moe Mantha

Aug 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB, CANADA
While Anaheim may have dominated the play for stretches, I agree that they didn't collapse under the pressure, and Pavs played pretty lights out.

And while I don't watch enough/any Anaheim games to prove it, with their record I'm willing to bet that most every team that plays them has SOME stretch of time where the Ducks are dominating them.

That's nothing to be ashamed of.

ATHF

行くジェット移動 !!
Jan 13, 2010
Rewatching the game on TV and I had honestly forgotten about that crossbar in the first and Scheif's redirection was about a hair's breadth away from going through Hiller's legs later in the period...stopped it with the inside of the pad.

Great job by the Jets realizing early on that Hiller was struggling and getting pucks at the net when they had the opportunity...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wonder if Lawless is still pining away for Noel and muttering about how TNSE should have traded the entire roster before firing him...

Deep down, yes.

On H&L yesterday Gary confirmed he thought Noel should not have been the first to go but admitted Maurice looks good and is doing a good job. Gary said "he I will be the first to admit I am wrong if Paul keeps them going like this". He still sounded bitter with the players for quitting but was also backing PoMo and his cred.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
What a fun game for my first time seeing the Jets since 96! Great game by Pavs and our D did a pretty decent job at keeping the Ducks to the outside and a tremendous job at blocking shots.

Section had some Jets fans in it but I think I did the most cheering (even had a Ducks fan yell at me to shut the _____ up after Kaner's shorty). Huge, HUGE "True North that made me proud to be there. Met former UFC fighter Krzysztof Soszyński (also starred in the Kevin James MMA movie) in the concourse after the first period, great down-to-earth guy and had good ten minute convo before heading back to my seat.

After the game outside the HC, there were lots of shouts, cheers and high-fives from fellow Jets fans and at one point I got about 20-30 people in Jets gear that walked up on me and my fiance chanting Go Jets Go.

I was hoping few of the fans that were at the game would drop by to post. the TRUE NORTH was really loud. Even heard a good GO JETS GO chant early in the game. :handclap::handclap:

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm not so sure we lose that game if Buff is on the blue line. We played 4 D most of the third period, which in my mind contributed to Anaheim's domination. I'll take Buff over Ellerby on the back end.
I don't LOVE Buff, but I think Coach Mo was right when he talked about how the scrutiny of Buff is so far beyond every other player.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm not so sure we lose that game if Buff is on the blue line. We played 4 D most of the third period, which in my mind contributed to Anaheim's domination. I'll take Buff over Ellerby on the back end.
I don't LOVE Buff, but I think Coach Mo was right when he talked about how the scrutiny of Buff is so far beyond every other player.

I think Buff basically adds 1 goal in your net a game. Thats the reason he is not playing D anymore.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Anaheim definitely carried the play to us and we got some fortunate bounces.

Nevertheless, a win is a win!

Bogosian was in "beast mode" last night.

ATHF

行くジェット移動 !!
Jan 13, 2010
I was hoping few of the fans that were at the game would drop by to post. the TRUE NORTH was really loud. Even heard a good GO JETS GO chant early in the game. :handclap::handclap:

Yeah, there were a couple others through the game but they'd just boo to break them up...also quite a few dueling chants too with fans chanting Go Jets Go right after Let's Go Ducks. Great atmosphere there with all the Jets fans in the building on a night when it was surprisingly empty in HC...

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I feel like a broken record but I really feel buff is marginal at best at fwd and is wasted there. I tried to keep a close eye on him most of the game and he was pretty invisible IMO.

Invisible, but at least he wasn't serving up pizzas. I know I must sound like a real buff hater (and indeed I'm really hoping for a trade) but he has looked so much better at forward most games than he was looking on defense

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
If you think you can find 50+ goals against that were solely the fault of Dustin Byfuglien, go ahead, but I think that's the most ridiculous thing anyone has ever said about him. That's like a third of all the goals scored against us this season.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Rewatching the game on TV and I had honestly forgotten about that crossbar in the first and Scheif's redirection was about a hair's breadth away from going through Hiller's legs later in the period...stopped it with the inside of the pad.

Great job by the Jets realizing early on that Hiller was struggling and getting pucks at the net when they had the opportunity...

also a post by Stuart in the third - Jets had their chances

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I've been pretty critical of Bogo and Toby all year, but they were both great last night and actually the past few games.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

These two chances and Stuart's post are what I refer to when others are saying we had some lucky bounces in order to win. I think the Ducks had just as many lucky bounces. We worked hard and were competitive imo.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Coming from games against Phoenix, Calgary and Edmonton we shouldn't be surprised that in a no-space game against Anaheim, a few of our players disappear. Buff has never played a team of that calibre in his role as a Forward with the Jets, so it's not surprising that they neutralized him.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

That's awesome.

Was KS cheering for the Jets? I know he grew up in Winnipeg, but he's been living in So Cal for awhile now.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
I've been pretty critical of Bogo and Toby all year, but they were both great last night and actually the past few games.

Amazing what a coaching change can do! I also thought that Trouba has been making much better decisions with the puck in the past few games.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
One of the best moments was seeing Wheels/Bogo go after Perry for his late shot on net.

Not so sure we would've done that a few weeks ago.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Trouba blew me away again in the third period. There were 2 or 3 times when the puck ended up on his stick after extended periods being stuck in the d zone under attack and instead of doing the stock, "panic" ice the puck to slow things down play he calmly found a bit of space for himself and looked for an open man up the ice to pass to. The kid is one cool customer! He's been just amazing this year - without even the caveat that he's a 19 year old rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad