Post-Game Talk: Storm the Weather

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Two things we're not doing that we were extremely guilty of during the regular season.

1- not covering the slot/ trailer. We'd have defensive breakdowns leaving guys absolutely wide open in prime areas off the rush or cycle, 5+ times a game, sometimes a period. This actually occurred more against the Caps in the first round than it is now, possibly due to the Canes muck and grind mindset.

2- Giving up odd man rushes. We'd give up five 3 on 2s, three 2 on 1s, and a couple of breakaways each game.

Both of the above have been really cleaned up.

He ought to know better
You're right, but as a former NYR Captain Dave Maloney he can't help rooting HARD for the team and often loses control during big plays/calls. He's a meme at this point, and fans love it due to the passion. On his show, Michael Kay, the Yankees announcer, rips Dave for doing this to his cohost Don Lagreca who is the Rangers back pbp radio guy. Don always says he's cool with it and fans love the absolute passion he brings

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Underrated opposing hf boards to read are the Penguins. We are being gifted the stanley cup because of all the penalties we get.

At least Devils/Islanders nonsense is out of hate. That I can respect. But Penguins fans talking about calls? That's a special kind of special.
The Penguins have the most entitled fanbase of all 32 in the league. That's what happens when you go from Lemieux, Jagr, etc. to Crosby, Malkin etc.

The amazing thing is that these people abandoned their team in the intervening years when they sucked, forcing the NHL and Lemieux to save the franchise from relocation. At lot has changed economically in Pittsburgh in the last 25 years, but I'm still intrigued to see the Penguins attendance when Crosby and Malkin are gone and the team (hopefully) is a bottom feeder once more.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Tony DeAngelo comes from long line of hotheads. In 1875, his great grandfather Vincent DeAngelo got into an altercation on the transcontinental railroad with another passenger over a dispute of who gets the private cabin. Mr. DeAngelo was seen putting down his top hat and opera gloves before assuming a fisticuffs stance.

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Underrated opposing hf boards to read are the Penguins. We are being gifted the stanley cup because of all the penalties we get.

At least Devils/Islanders nonsense is out of hate. That I can respect. But Penguins fans talking about calls? That's a special kind of special.
Ignorant dweebs. They conveniently forgot that the Rangers have been penalized more than the PP's that they have received.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
One of the more iconic Rangers.

I remember when he was drafted, very few of us were familiar with him. The Versus draft broadcast pitched him as I think the second best skater in the draft, ironically behind Tavares of all people.

I still remember the palpable excitement of this board watching his final college hockey games (still the only college games Ive ever actually watched with any interest) and how excited we were to get him on ice for the playoffs.

And how I think it took a Carl Hagelin suspension to get those gears fully moving lol

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
You're right, but as a former NYR Captain Dave Maloney he can't help rooting HARD for the team and often loses control during big plays/calls. He's a meme at this point, and fans love it due to the passion. On his show, Michael Kay, the Yankees announcer, rips Dave for doing this to his cohost Don Lagreca who is the Rangers back pbp radio guy. Don always says he's cool with it and fans love the absolute passion he brings
It was my bad, I didn't know who was doing the radio colour and while it was a bit annoying, totally allowed for Maloney. 1

AI is amazing isn't it? Think about the possibilities with Emily...

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Do Something, Kakko! Episode 9 “Lisan al Gaib”

Defiant rookie Matt breaks Coach Pete’s only rule when he goes on hfboards and reads rumors about the return of a messiah known as Chytil. Jacob suffers a head injury that awakens his chaotic alter ego, Tuba. Joe worries as Sam becomes increasingly obsessed with players who share the same last name. Dave Maloney seeks counseling for his anger issues from the most calm, level-headed man he knows--newly retired Jack Edwards. Kakko uses ZYN in an attempt to impress Emily.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really wish we knew the reason Kreider didn’t get the “C” ? Maybe he turned it down or maybe he isn’t a vocal leader in the locker room but I find that hard to believe.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think Carolina has done a horrible job with energy management in games, while we have been super patient and methodical just waiting for our chances. they go all out in the 1st and last 5 min of regulation but it's not enough.
5 min is exaggeration but can clearly see a drop off around the game's mid-point.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Two things we're not doing that we were extremely guilty of during the regular season.

1- not covering the slot/ trailer. We'd have defensive breakdowns leaving guys absolutely wide open in prime areas off the rush or cycle, 5+ times a game, sometimes a period. This actually occurred more against the Caps in the first round than it is now, possibly due to the Canes muck and grind mindset.

2- Giving up odd man rushes. We'd give up five 3 on 2s, three 2 on 1s, and a couple of breakaways each game.

Both of the above have been really cleaned up.

Our net front and slot coverage has been absolutely stupid this entire playoffs. Among the best I've ever seen. Considering how many pucks Carolina pounds to the net front, the puck retrievals and battles in front to recover rebounds/blocks has been arguably the strongest part of our defensive game.

Graves97

Jan 16, 2014
Really wish we knew the reason Kreider didn’t get the “C” ? Maybe he turned it down or maybe he isn’t a vocal leader in the locker room but I find that hard to believe.
Don't want to go digging and maybe someone remembers offhand, but i seem to remember @Edge making a few implications regarding why Kreider and Zib didn't get the C.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Five Rangers have scored in this series .

I'm reminded of 2015 against Tampa where in a whole ass 7-game series, Callahan scored like once, and everyone other goal was Palat, Johnson, Kucherov, Stamkos, or Killorn.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad