Post-Game Talk: Storm the Weather

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
It’s amazing, reading other boards- so many comments like “I don’t think the Rangers are actually good”. “Paper Tigers”. “I don’t see it- could easily be 3-0 other way”. Love it! No respect. MEANWHILE WE ARE 7-0 in the PLAYOFFS AND PRESIDENTS CUP WINNERS!!!

Enjoy it while it lasts guys! Our window is officially open.

ANYONE WANT TO CATCH THE GAME TOGETHER, maybe we can get a group out to stout on saturday?
All that is wonderful. But when you have less SOG, it means you suck and should lose.:rolleyes:

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Listening to 32 thoughts here, and Elliotte reminding how many Rangers fans were uninspired by the Laviolette hiring. I was certainly one of them.

More than happy to eat crow now. I think we all knew he was a good coach. But to be the perfect coach for this group right now? Certainly looks like it.
I was thinking last night that we hired Quinn to be a development coach and Gallant to be a win now coach, and I'm pretty sure Laviolette is better than each of them at both things.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

So when Sam makes the call this year "this one will will last another lifetime!". Does that mean we have to live all over again with no hopes of another Cup in that next lifetime? Naaah, I'm done, don't wanna live another life. This has been rough enough "to last a lifetime".

Graves97

Jan 16, 2014
Trocheck is just butchering his old team. It's borderline cruel at this point. he has 6 points in the three games.

Panarin with honest to god one of the greatest deflections i've ever seen. wow.

1st period was painful but the game was surprisingly even at ES. in fact, the whole series has been.

the PK is beyond words. marvelous. making the 2nd best PP in the league look stupid. that SHG was just chef's kiss.

I'm having so much fun right now. I can't even describe.
Letting Trocheck walk to replace him with Jack Drury/Kotkaniemi may go down as one of the worst moves in the teams history.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Listening to 32 thoughts here, and Elliotte reminding how many Rangers fans were uninspired by the Laviolette hiring. I was certainly one of them.

More than happy to eat crow now. I think we all knew he was a good coach. But to be the perfect coach for this group right now? Certainly looks like it.

As was I.

I softened a bit once the assistants were hired. Those were not the same old cookie cutter hires I was expecting to come along with Lavi.

Hes kind of the reverse AV where he would run with some stupid shit and overplay certain guys for most of regular season but once we got to the last month of the season he was like "yeah, f*** that, we need to play these guys less so we can win."

I think the biggest compliment I can give him is that when the team has time off, they always come back flying out of the gates and are incredibly prepared for who ever they're about to face. Its been a long while since we've seen that.

Graves97

Jan 16, 2014
This is very true. A mediocre goalie will eventually have an easy one slip through. This is why Carolina is so good during the regular season. They shoot the puck from everywhere, even bellow the goal line. And it works during the RS because most teams don't have elite goalies, and they just shoot insane ammounts.
Steve made a very interesting comment during the post game where he mentioned Carolina had the worst head to head record against other top 10 teams.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
No no. Not at all. Just broadly. I’m sure even the canes fans crowing about injuring Fox are decent people. Just dicks on the www.

I suppose he’d be 3C. I know theoretically there’s also Chytil there. But, first, I’m not convinced Chytil won’t be injury prone going forward. And second, can’t have enough guys who can play center and I assume wennberg will be affordable.
It is possible. I think he will have to start scoring some though to retain that 3rd line position and a new contract. I thought you might say 4th line since we have a couple of young forwards possibly coming in the next 1-3 years.

Reactions: egelband

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

But he is a "retread"!!! :D

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
As was I.

I softened a bit once the assistants were hired. Those were not the same old cookie cutter hires I was expecting to come along with Lavi.

Hes kind of the reverse AV where he would run with some stupid shit and overplay certain guys for most of regular season but once we got to the last month of the season he was like "yeah, f*** that, we need to play these guys less so we can win."

I think the biggest compliment I can give him is that when the team has time off, they always come back flying out of the gates and are incredibly prepared for who ever they're about to face. Its been a long while since we've seen that.
Me too. I didnt think Gallant deserved to be fired at the moment (or whatever technically happened). I didnt dislike the move. I was, "Ok. Let's see what happens." Wish I could say I was excited. I honestly think the difference this year is him, Housley, and Peca.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Brind'Amour has coached the skill game out of his kids and made them play meat head hockey. 2-3 seasons ago I thought they were on a good path but RBA's idea of hockey is too simplistic (like so many coaches).

Kreider's shorthanded goal was a real dagger that knocked a lot of the remaining stuffing out of the Canes. Yes, they scored with their goalie pulled but you could tell the Canes, for all their huffing and puffing, struggles to believe.
I think our team suffered from a lack of structure under Gallant, playing pass-first, all-skill hockey without any neutral zone or forecheck strategy.

Rod is sort of the opposite extreme. They play a highly structured game with good transition and try to tire you out by throwing everything at the net once they get into the offensive zone.

They could still make this a series though. We are winning by narrow margins guys.

As I often tell my parents (to their horror): let’s not all suck each others dicks just yet.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
I'd be livid at Orlov as a Canes fan. He couldn't have set us up any better if he had tried.
Honestly Laf rimmed it hard and the puck took a crazy route. It didn't hug the wall and went between Orlov's feet a little. It was a Bill Buckner moment.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I think our team suffered from a lack of structure under Gallant, playing pass-first, all-skill hockey without any neutral zone or forecheck strategy.

Rod is sort of the opposite extreme. They play a highly structured game with good transition and try to tire you out by throwing everything at the net once they get into the offensive zone.

They could still make this a series though. We are winning by narrow margins guys.

As I often tell my parents (to their horror): let’s not all suck each others dicks just yet.
Out of 209 times a team has gone up 3-0, only 4 times they overcame it (under 2%). While the series isn't technically over yet, it basically is looking at those odds lol

jacko23

Powerplay Merchant
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
Great to see Chytl back!

Laf is coming alive!

I dont know if Panarin is scoring at a ppg pace or anything but he is delivering when we need it!

Trocheck.

Shesterkin.

That is all.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Remember when people said we sucked down the middle? Yeah I put up our centers 1-4 200ft game over anyone in hockey right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad