GDT: STORM FOLK @ KEEP OF THE ROYAL BASTARDS

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
That was not pretty at all…. Painfully bad at times. Flush this one for sure…. Some folks need to forget that mess and painfully bad play…. Wow some of those shootout attempts were pitiful…..I’m coaching 10 year olds that would show them up.. yikes that was not good…. Only saving grace is we at least get the points…

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
That was not pretty at all…. Painfully bad at times. Flush this one for sure…. Some folks need to forget that mess and painfully bad play…. Wow some of those shootout attempts were pitiful…..I’m coaching 10 year olds that would show them up.. yikes that was not good…. Only saving grace is we at least get the points…

Most of the bad attempts I will chalk up to most of these guys not being shootout players. At least we had Marty to close it.

Reactions: VAcaniac and Tryamw

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
Interesting mugging for the camera in the background of martinook interview……. Little dance moves if that is what we want to call it?

Reactions: WreckingCrew

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Refs have bad nights too. No idea how good those guys generally are and I don't go in for conspiracies. We put ourselves in bad positions all the time and our style of play contributes. But they were bad and had some kinda bizarre moments. Even times when I thought we took penalties we didn't get called for that looked more egregious than what we actually got called for. But shit happens.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
My phone died but let the record show:
A middle aged woman said I was disrespectful after starting a flop, flop, flop chant.

If only that woman saw playoff Canes me. This was like a 3/10 event for me.

Every kings fan around me taunted me when they tied it but I was quiet and didnt mock them.

I got home, charged my phone, and im not in jail.

Good night. Good canes win.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
My phone died but let the record show:
A middle aged woman said I was disrespectful after starting a flop, flop, flop chant.

If only that woman saw playoff Canes me. This was like a 3/10 event for me.

Every kings fan around me taunted me when they tied it but I was quiet and didnt mock them.

I got home, charged my phone, and im not in jail.

Good night. Good canes win.
IMG_0451.jpeg

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I stopped watching after OT.

Rod’s definitely frustrated about the play. We only added a couple of guys and these guys know better. D zone coverage and watching defense pitch in the zone (calling out necas not by name).

Crazy thing is were only expected to score 2 goals last night although Kings were only expected to score 3.14 goals.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Much like the NFL, when you give almost no f***s about preseason, play is going to be sloppy early on. And I've seen plenty of sloppy hockey around the league. Brindy hates it more than most, so not surprising. Throw in an early game where their bodies are pretty sure they're finishing at 1:30 and it is what it is.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
@Boom Boom Apathy riddle me this...why is LAs power play so good without all those 1oa picks?

Not sure why you are tagging me, but you seem like a smart fella, so what did you see? How did they do it? What strategies did the employ? What caused them to score 2 goals last night, and also give up 2 shorties?

Elite talent definitely helps a PP, as we've seen over the years. There's no question about that, but as I've mentioned in the past, teams like STL have succeeded without having elite talent. As I said back then, I didn't watch STL enough to know what were the keys to their success, nor have I watched enough of LA. What did you see last night that made LA's PP so good? And what changes would you want the Canes to employ in terms of their PP strategy? No question the PP has been a sore spot that needs improvement.

If I had watched LA enough (or STL in prior years), I'd be glad to give my view of what makes them successful, but I haven't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad