Stone signs long-term in Vegas - time to rant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019
Well, for those of us who felt that the heart and soul of our team leaving was the lowest of many, many, many low points over the last two years, the knife has just been twisted for the last time. Stone signs a 7 year $9.5M contract and will now anchor a solid Knights team. IMO, Stone puts this team over the edge and gives them an excellent chance at winning a Cup - and I for one will be along for the ride.

I continue to hold out hope that the Sens will one day get their sh*t together but we all know that this will require our cheap owner and incompetent GM to get out of town. As a fan, I'm tired of being lied to and just want the misery of watching the team that I love get dismantled for the sake of lining the owners' pockets. So, I'll continue to cheer for and hope for great things for our young talent but my eyes are open and I know that very few of them will spend any significant time playing here. In the meantime, I will follow the heart and soul of the Sens over to Vegas and hope to see the player that I've been watching since his junior days hoist the Cup!

oh - #MelnykOut!!!!

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Sad times indeed. Mike Hoffman is my favorite player and that stung, but what's transpired since is just unbelievable.

I've never felt more hopeless being a fan of the Senators.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Even with Stone they are not even the west favourite in my opinion. Their D is average at best and their C isn’t as good as other teams

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Damn, I was hoping that all the talk of signing on March 1 and then nothing happening, he was having second thoughts. Crap. We lost a real good one.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Even with Stone they are not even the west favourite in my opinion. Their D is average at best and their C isn’t as good as other teams
I think their outstanding team chemistry and coaching will put them near the top of the list for contenders in the WC. Their goaltending has been unbelievable as well.

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019
We lost stone over a ****ing NMC.

I'm pretty sure his reason for leaving had less to do with the contract he was shown and more to do with the people who were showing it to him. A lying crapbag of a GM and a cheap owner who can barely make payroll. Same reason Karl left, Duchene left, Dzingle left...etc, etc, etc.

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019
Let me ask you all this - if Dorion put a contract in front of you and promised that he was going to build a winning team with you as the centerpiece and that he had the full support of the owner to spend to the cap when 'the time was right', would you believe him?

Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Let me ask you all this - if Dorion put a contract in front of you and promised that he was going to build a winning team with you as the centerpiece and that he had the full support of the owner to spend to the cap when 'the time was right', would you believe him?
Like Karlsson, despite the ownership, they may have been willing to overlook it if NMC and bonuses were there, but if NMC/bonsues weren't there, and the owner is still Melnyk, it took both of them to the very end to make the decision to not sign and leave.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I will say this much, signing bonuses are total bullcrap. The irony of it is that rich owners are handing them out like candy, yet will probably be fighting for them to be removed from the CBA once these same bonuses drive the league into a lockout. What a joke.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
So are we cheering for Stone or Karlsson to come out of the first round?

It is in the Senators best interests for San Jose to make the Cup final. That way, in the off chance they re-sign Karlsson, Ottawa gets a 1st instead of a 2nd.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I feel like we've been paying ever since for that improbable hamburglar run....that season was one for the ages that I don't think anyone would ever trade for but man this feels like the universe's way of balancing things out....

Irony though every significant piece from that run is gone. Stone and hammond being the biggest ones but remember how huge turris, hoffman, and karlsson were too

Reactions: thinkwild

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I feel like we've been paying ever since for that improbable hamburglar run....that season was one for the ages that I don't think anyone would ever trade for but man this feels like the universe's way of balancing things out....

Irony though every significant piece from that run is gone. Stone and hammond being the biggest ones but remember how huge turris, hoffman, and karlsson were too

That 2017 playoff run was special too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad