OT: Stompin' Tom Connors, R.I.P.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
As down to Earth, salt of the Earth as his songs. Met him one time at a neighbour's place where he was having some beer and contemplating buying a cottage. Godspeed Tom!

I know it will never happen but it sure would be nice to hear the ACC crowd do a verse and chorus of the Hockey Song in tribute.

Will Billiams

Jun 12, 2012
Saw him live in Woodstock NB a few years ago, my face ached for three days from laughing. Great entertainer and a proud Canadian. I tipped a few Moosehead in his honor last night.

RIP Stompin' Tom.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
There have been lots of good words written about Stompin' Tom Connors since the news of his death broke last night, and it's well deserved. A Canadian icon, he wrote about every region in this country. Whether people even knew it or not, when they were humming tunes like Bud the Spud, Tillsonburg, and Sudbury Saturday Night, you were learning (however inadvertently) about the places that make this country so unique. But beyond that, I think his legacy is this. Stompin' Tom Connors was fun. Wherever you were when listening to him, or talking about him, or singing his songs, you probably having a good time, and I think that's a rare thing for an artist to impart. That's not to take anything away from the different things musicians, actors, or other artists give us. Music, film and art can be inspirational, entertaining, through provoking, and groundbreaking. To many Stompin' Tom was all these things, buy beyond all that he was fun.

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
Does anyone have the video tribute made to Stompin' Tom at the Leafs game? Would love to see that! Thanks in advance!

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I suspect the opening montage on HNIC this week is going to be one for the ages. Can't wait.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
I suspect the opening montage on HNIC this week is going to be one for the ages. Can't wait.

Agreed, I've been looking forward to it. I've always wondered why CBC didn't just go with the hockey song when they lost the original HNIC theme song to TSN.

We'll miss you Tom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad