Injury Report: Stoll Skates for 15 minutes, still a ways off

Ron*

lebrun_twitter_49669_normal.jpg

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Sutter said Stoll skated for 15 min this morning, 1st time since injury. But coach says Stoll still has long ways to go

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That's a quick return to the rink even if it's not to play. That bodes well for his long-term health and wellness. Great news!

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
I remember not to long ago when many here would have traded Stoll for a bag of pucks.

KingKopitar11*

I dont care if he's not gonna play for us this year, just glad hes okay enough to skate this soon.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
I remember not to long ago when many here would have traded Stoll for a bag of pucks.

Herby and a few others DOES NOT equal MANY ? ;) ... and to Herby's credit at least (or is it Stoll's credit for upping his game recently as well) he admitted he was wrong ... MANY of us (myself and a few others), though not MOST, knew Stoll was a valuable piece of a winning puzzle called a Stanley Cup Championship TEAM !

Sounds like Stoll should be a go at some point during Round #3, and as Good as Detroit has looked against Chicago, THANK GOD, just in time. :nod: assuming of course LA and Detroit both win at least one more game :sarcasm:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Herby and a few others DOES NOT equal MANY ? ;) ... and to Herby's credit at least (or is it Stoll's credit for upping his game recently as well) he admitted he was wrong ... MANY of us (myself and a few others), though not MOST, knew Stoll was a valuable piece of a winning puzzle called a Stanley Cup Championship TEAM !

Sounds like Stoll should be a go at some point during Round #3, and as Good as Detroit has looked against Chicago, THANK GOD, just in time. :nod: assuming of course LA and Detroit both win at least one more game :sarcasm:

Stoll stunk for the majority of his first four seasons as a King, although in fairness to him he was grossly miscast as a 2nd line center and PP point man for a good chunk of that time.

Last season he was demoted to 3rd line and removed from PP duty in his contract year, which does suck for any player. But he has seemed to embrace that role quite a bit more this season and had a fine season playing with Lewis on the 3rd line.

Stoll is perfect as an energy line player who has the skill to chip in a few goals here or there, I think he is ok as long as he isn't expected to do any heavy lifting (like being counted on to score goals or shut down #1 centers). The negatives of Stoll's game, which include game sense and bad penalties seem to be exploited when he gets to much icetime, which DS has done aa good job controlling.

He should be ideal behind Kopitar and Richards, not sure why he wasn't last year, but happy he has found his game this year. Sucks that he got hit by a thug who has no business being in the league.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I give Stoll a lot of credit for his attitude, and the guy seems to be one of the hardest workers on the team in the off season. Just hoping he makes a full and complete recovery.

Ron*

Stoll stunk for the majority of his first four seasons as a King, although in fairness to him he was grossly miscast as a 2nd line center and PP point man for a good chunk of that time.

Last season he was demoted to 3rd line and removed from PP duty in his contract year, which does suck for any player. But he has seemed to embrace that role quite a bit more this season and had a fine season playing with Lewis on the 3rd line.

Stoll is perfect as an energy line player who has the skill to chip in a few goals here or there, I think he is ok as long as he isn't expected to do any heavy lifting (like being counted on to score goals or shut down #1 centers). The negatives of Stoll's game, which include game sense and bad penalties seem to be exploited when he gets to much icetime, which DS has done aa good job controlling.

He should be ideal behind Kopitar and Richards, not sure why he wasn't last year, but happy he has found his game this year. Sucks that he got hit by a thug who has no business being in the league.

This. QFT. Especially the bolded part.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Long way to go?

Have a feeling Stoll would only come back in the finals, if we make it.

KingsCorona

Dec 18, 2009
Effing Torres. Stoll is a big loss, he's one of the best 3rd line centers in the league IMO and hugely important as a face-off man. Matching the Sharks center depth is tough without him; hope he gets well soon.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Thankfully it looks like Lewis has been able to fill Stoll's role, but he's still missed from the matchup standpoint...

Muzzfan

Mar 10, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Concussion Protocol

Went looking for this concussion protocol.

U=I found something called SCAT2. It has 6 steps with skating being Step 3. The Return to Play section is copied below:

Athletes should not be returned to play the same day of injury. When returning athletes to play, they should follow a stepwise symptom-limited program, with stages of progression.

For example:

1. rest until asymptomatic (physical and mental rest)
2. light aerobic exercise (e.g. stationary cycle)
3. sport-specific exercise
4. non-contact training drills (start light resistance training)
5. full contact training after medical clearance
6. return to competition (game play)

There should be approximately 24 hours (or longer) for each stage and the athlete should drop back to the previous asymptomatic level if any post-concussive symptoms recur. resistance training should only be added in the later stages.
Medical clearance should be given before return to play.

So, at least a week away with everything progressing and getting a couple of team practices under his belt as Sutter typically has returning players do.

Ron*

U=I found something called SCAT2. It has 6 steps with skating being Step 3. The Return to Play section is copied below:

Athletes should not be returned to play the same day of injury. When returning athletes to play, they should follow a stepwise symptom-limited program, with stages of progression.

For example:

There should be approximately 24 hours (or longer) for each stage and the athlete should drop back to the previous asymptomatic level if any post-concussive symptoms recur. resistance training should only be added in the later stages.

So, at least a week away with everything progressing and getting a couple of team practices under his belt as Sutter typically has returning players do.

Thanks for finding this.

Given that the above protocol is true, he MAY be available for the next round, should the Kings advance, and of course if he doesn't have any setbacks. Good news indeed.

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing

For example:

Awesome! Thanks for posting this, good to know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad