Confirmed with Link: [STL/WSH] Oshie traded for Brouwer, Copley & 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Ok I have been on the fence for a long while about Armstrong but now I am off. Stillman needs to fire this clown now.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If you thought Oshie disappeared in the playoffs :laugh: This move is brutal.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Armstrong needs to go. This is beyond a joke.

We downgrade significantly, the player has less term and we acquire another goalie prospect. Seriously, he could have wasted assets a month ago and done better signing players in UFA.

And I sure as hell hope that is the last trade we make.

FirstRoundExit

Apr 26, 2015
Brouwer is a good player, but Copley just seems like a random throw in. We already have a log jam in goal.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Capitals fans seem to think they robbed us, and I'm inclined to agree. Another dude who is worthless in the playoffs, a meh prospect, and a low pick. But, hey, we got grittier!

So tired of trading skill for grit. This should be Army's last season.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Should have traded him for futures, this apples to apples BS made Armstrong look like a fool.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Armstrong needs to go. This is beyond a joke.

We downgrade significantly, the player has less term and we acquire another goalie prospect. Seriously, he could have wasted assets a month ago and done better signing players in UFA.

And I sure as hell hope that is the last trade we make.

Please.....let this be the last trade of Armstrong's tenure.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I woke up today with a sick feeling, logged on and noticed no stupid trades had occurred.

Didn't realize my clock hadn't been set to CDT.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Eh. Not awful. Not great. Didn't want to get younger so they needed a replacement. Brouwer's stats don't look great in the playoffs but he was very good for Washington I thought last post-season. Oshie just flat out blows in the post-season and he clearly hated Hitchcock.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Capitals fans seem to think they robbed us, and I'm inclined to agree. Another dude who is worthless in the playoffs, a meh prospect, and a low pick. But, hey, we got grittier!

So tired of trading skill for grit. This should be Army's last season.

Last year should have been his last year. He is doing precisely what he did with the Stars...gutting the team at the end.

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
faceplant.gif

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Seriously, someone please let me know what Armstrong's justification is for this trade. I'm no longer local so I often don't get to hear the really good stuff.

For example, the amount of slurring Armstrong has when speaking, presuming he is either inebriated or recently recovering from a powerful stroke.
Which is the only way this trade makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad