Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Tyler Bozak re-signs with the Blues (1 year, $750k + $1.25M Performance Bonuses)

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Getting him on a minimum is a steal.

Very interested to see who wins the top 6 spot in camp between Kyrou/Thomas, but either way, this is a damn good forward group.

Perron-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Buchnevich-Schenn-Kyrou
Saad-Thomas-Kostin
Barbashev-Bozak-Sundqvist

or

Perron-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schenn-Thomas-Buchnevich
Saad-Bozak-Kyrou
Barbashev-Sundqvist-Kostin
either work for me, cause Sanford isn't in them

Reactions: Spear

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Still a useful player. When you’ve got teams handing out $2 million to veteran lawn chairs like Gudbranson - to have Bozak on your 23-man for $750k is true value. I haven’t seen all the contracts but I have to imagine he’s in the running for best NHL-minimum contract (like - actual minimum) vet in the league.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
some context for the "big fall off", which is a poor description considering he missed nearly half the season with a concussion.

Not only did he miss a lot of the season with a concussion, but I bet most Blues players had poor advanced stats at the beginning of the season with as poorly as we were playing. Bozak looked great down the stretch, I'd say he was one of our steadiest performers.

Reactions: HipsCzech

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Im surprised he couldn't get double that in term and money from a team that needs a C.

I'm sure he could have gotten more, he likely had no interest in moving teams though and was probably just waiting for what Armstrong was going to offer. With bonuses for games played he can still earn up to 2 mil on this deal.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Great deal, I cant help but compare it to my teams blunder one year deal for 12/13 forward Brendan Sutter at well over a million. Then when I compare Bozak and Sutter stats its really comically bad
Sutter is on a 1 year 1 mill contract.... Thats not a blunder.... We could litterally send him to Abby for nothing against the cap. And 1 mill for a 4C isn't bad especially when he's one of our only PKers.

And I am sure other teams pursued Bozak and he opted to stay there.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I have no doubt he had offers for more $ to go elsewhere. Good on him for sticking with his team. Sticking with his team and nkt wantig to move your family across the country is a good move.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I have no doubt he had offers for more $ to go elsewhere. Good on him for sticking with his team. Sticking with his team and nkt wantig to move your family across the country is a good move.
on local radio today. and made it a point to say him and his family love it in STL and did not wanna move

as far as the contract, I'm not sure exactly what the conditions are to meet the incentives, but I would imagine it'll end up in line with what we would have gotten somewhere else

throw in low cost of living compared to other markets, decent tax rates, not having to pull your kids out of school, the hassle of moving, and a competitive team.. can see why he stayed

and I, for one, am glad to have him back. he's been really good for the Blues

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
If Toronto didnt even try to beat that, thats an F for Dubas..... thats a bargain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad