Value of: (Stl-TB) Shattenkirk

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I think these two teams make great trade partners, and a win-win trade can be made.

Best pieces available:
Tyler Johnson
Alex Killorn
Valterri Filppula
J Drouin
Jason Garrison
Slater Koekkoek
Vladamir Namestnikov
Futures

A trade centered around Tyler Johnson and Jason Garrison for Shattenkirk I think would be great for both sides, with other pieces moving to smooth out the value. Lightning can retain 50% on Johnson to make #'s work.

Lightning get a right handed PMD who is a perfect fit on the PP. Blues swap the extra top 4 RHD for a top 4 LHD on a good contract, and get a great center under team control.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I don't see Tampa moving TJ wirh stammer out. Its a deal i would like though

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I could see a deal around Shattenkirk and Johnson working out. I'll let Tampa fans determine what they think would be fair.

VasilyKucherov

Jun 18, 2016
:bolts:
Tyler Johnson (3.33M - RFA)
Jason Garrison (4.60M)
+ ?

:blues:
Kevin Shattenkirk (4.25M - UFA)
Patrik Berglund (3.70M - UFA)
Ivan Barbashev (Prospect)

7.93M for 7.95M

Would something like this work?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
With Stamkos out for the foreseeable future, Can't see Yzerman trading Tyler Johnson Tyler Johnson probably will command around $5.5 million per for 5 years Shattenkirk will want at least $6.5 million to $7 million for 6-7 years or so. Don't see Yzerman trading Johnson for a rental in Shattenkirk and i doubt that Tampa can afford Shatty long term.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Jason Garrison (4.60M)
+ ?

7.93M for 7.95M

That looks good to me, but I have my reservations with Garrison. I think he's a good player that would complement Pietrangelo, but doesn't he only want to play in Florida and Vancouver? I remember a few years ago there was some idea that the Blues were going to shift Berglund out for him, but it fell through because Garrison didn't want to play here. Or it was something like that.

I could easily be wrong, but I feel that was definitely a thing at one point.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Jason Garrison (4.60M)
+ ?

7.93M for 7.95M

Johnson will be cheaper to resign then Shattenkirk, Though Tampa can definitely use RHD like Shattenkirk i think he would be far to expensive to resign especially if he's seeking around $6.5 million to $7 million per for 6-7 years as some have suggested that he might be seeking.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That looks good to me, but I have my reservations with Garrison. I think he's a good player that would complement Pietrangelo, but doesn't he only want to play in Florida and Vancouver? I remember a few years ago there was some idea that the Blues were going to shift Berglund out for him, but it fell through because Garrison didn't want to play here. Or it was something like that.

I could easily be wrong, but I feel that was definitely a thing at one point.

Yeah, that's correct, we had a deal in place for him around Berglund. Maybe Coburn in place. Tampa would still need to find a way to move some more salary out.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
With Stamkos out for the foreseeable future, Can't see Yzerman trading Tyler Johnson Tyler Johnson probably will command around $5.5 million per for 5 years Shattenkirk will want at least $6.5 million to $7 million for 6-7 years or so. Don't see Yzerman trading Johnson for a rental in Shattenkirk and i doubt that Tampa can afford Shatty long term.

I think we can afford the loss of Johnson for a couple of months without Stamkos. Namestnikov and Filppula down the middle with Point tweening. It's not ideal but I think it's a net gain considering center is a team strength.

I'd find a way to keep Shattenkirk if I were Yzerman. He's a very good fit and provide a Dan Boyle-esque contribution on the PP from the point.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I think we can afford the loss of Johnson for a couple of months without Stamkos. Namestnikov and Filppula down the middle with Point tweening. It's not ideal but I think it's a net gain considering center is a team strength.

I'd find a way to keep Shattenkirk if I were Yzerman. He's a very good fit and provide a Dan Boyle-esque contribution on the PP from the point.

With Bishop off the books, Maybe Killorn off to Vegas and with Johnson and maybe Garrison dealt to St Louis if we did a deal like that. Then Yzerman should definitely be able to hold onto Shattenkirk maybe a deal around 6-7 years for $6.5 million should do it. Shatty in Tampa would be sweet and he would definitely help them be a better playoff team here.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

Vladdy has been awful, though. I think there is a very, very large gap between he and Johnson for the forseeable future.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
With Bishop off the books, Maybe Killorn off to Vegas and with Johnson and maybe Garrison dealt to St Louis if we did a deal like that. Then Yzerman should definitely be able to hold onto Shattenkirk maybe a deal around 6-7 years for $6.5 million should do it. Shatty in Tampa would be sweet and he would definitely help them be a better playoff team here.

Although it's a stretch, it looks like we are in agreement then as to what we would like to see happen ;)

Just a note, with Johnson and Garrison being dealt, that provides two additional expansion slots I believe.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Vladdy has been awful, though. I think there is a very, very large gap between he and Johnson for the forseeable future.

He's been in a funk since Stamkos went down, but was fantastic for the first 20ish games. Plus I believe someone offered a deal with Berglund in it, and he'd be the #2 until Stamkos gets back.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Although it's a stretch, it looks like we are in agreement then as to what we would like to see happen ;)

Just a note, with Johnson and Garrison being dealt, that provides two additional expansion slots I believe.

Yup would love to see Shatty in a Bolts Jersey, Maybe something around Johnson+Garrison for Shattenkirk+Berglund sounds like both Blues and Bolts fans were in agreement with that.

You're probably correct there it should possibly open a couple of expansion slots there.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
He's been in a funk since Stamkos went down, but was fantastic for the first 20ish games. Plus I believe someone offered a deal with Berglund in it, and he'd be the #2 until Stamkos gets back.

You don't want Berglund as your #2. Trust me.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Jason Garrison (4.60M)
+ ?

7.93M for 7.95M

Id rather keep it just Johnson+Garrison for Shattenkirk+Berglund.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
That bad? I don't see another player who'd be worth it in the swap.

He's not a bad player, just not offensively gifted enough to play top six minutes. He'll leave fans wanting more. He could slot in at 3C though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad