Not open for further replies.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
:blues

Jesper Bratt

:devils

Vince Dunn

Not a fan of either team, but I think this could be a win-win deal for both teams. The Devils wing depth isn't bad as it stands, and they just drafted Holtz and Mercer who should be able to contribute at the NHL level in 1-3 years. Their LHD depth is pretty weak, (even with the addition for Murray), and Dunn would help out with that. The Blues just signed Krug, so its pretty reasonable to assume that Dunn isn't untouchable. Thoughts?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The Devils need to add talent and LHD is currently the biggest hole in the NHL roster. So Dunn fits. If he is the player, who can play a lot of minutes and the tough minutes, he will have to prove first.
Giving up Bratt on the other hand is not the desired out come, as it removes one of the few offensively gifted players from their line-up. The team would most likely try to use another asset first to fill holes in their line-up: cap space.

Reactions: LafKak

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Don't think the blues would need Bratt. When Tarsenko is healthy the top 6 is set.

Unfortunately, Tarasenko isn't healthy and Schwartz's contract is up at the end of the season.

And I like Bratt, but he's not a top-6 forward on most contenders, so that's not a redundant move. He'd slot in nicely on the third line and is the type of player the Blues would have to get to move Dunn. I still don't think the Blues would do this now, but the Blues do need forwards who can score.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I think NJ would pass wouldn't want to trade Bratt he hasn't reached his ceiling yet..The Devils also have a lot of quality and quantity depth at LD in their prospects making Dunn less of a fit for them.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Devils say no.

Honestly thought they were going to acquire Dunn with 20th OA when the draft was happening.

Reactions: qqaz

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I could see the need for Dunn from New Jersey’s POV but NJ shouldn’t want to part with a decent player in Bratt at this time.

Besides Hischier, Hughes, Gusev and Palmieri, New Jersey doesn’t have much else to work with at the NHL level and trading away Bratt wouldn’t help the cause.

The Devils do have a lot of forward prospects coming up and some of them should get a chance in their lineup this season maybe this is a trade proposal that should be revisited for the next offseason.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
There are probably at least 5 defenseman in to 2021 draft better than Dunn. And NJ will likely finish low enough to get one. That propasal is ridiculous.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
There are probably at least 5 defenseman in to 2021 draft better than Dunn. And NJ will likely finish low enough to get one. That propasal is ridiculous.
Not sure what to say then stop with Dunn props. He is easily worth a first and is nhl ready and proven top 4 lhd with offensive skills

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
:blues

Jesper Bratt

:devils

Vince Dunn

Not a fan of either team, but I think this could be a win-win deal for both teams. The Devils wing depth isn't bad as it stands, and they just drafted Holtz and Mercer who should be able to contribute at the NHL level in 1-3 years. Their LHD depth is pretty weak, (even with the addition for Murray), and Dunn would help out with that. The Blues just signed Krug, so its pretty reasonable to assume that Dunn isn't untouchable. Thoughts?
The Blues trade an unsigned RFA potentially looking to get paid nicely long term or a get a bridge deal for an unsigned RFA in the same spot is weird but I guess they don’t have cap issues now?

Not interested in trading Bratt for Dunn even though I may be underestimating how good Dunn is.

Last edited:

bluesfan3109

Let's Go Blues!!!
Jan 26, 2015
STL/IL
[MOD] maybe a 1st depending on where that pick ends up being but no other blues fan in their right mind thinks a 1st and 2nd

Last edited by a moderator:

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
[MOD] maybe a 1st depending on where that pick ends up being but no other blues fan in their right mind thinks a 1st and 2nd
Bro first of all who are you. A 1st 2021 which is considered a weak draft and second 2022 which is two years away is a very decent price for a top 4 nhl ready and proven dman. Who is an rfa and controlled for a long time.

Maybe the 20th pick tgis year could have worked. But we go an entire year further a weaker draft devalues it. At this point Dunn is just going to stay a blue. Maybe next year around draft a 1st could work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: voxel

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Value seems about right and Devils have a need at LHD, but I'm reluctant to trade Bratt.

I don't know a ton about Dunn, but it seems a bit concerning that his ice time dropped by more than a minute last season (from 17:32 to 16:16) - was that just a product of less ice time to go around with Faulk in the fold or a reflection on his play? You'd expect his minutes to increase in his 3rd season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad